Reshade: How can I apply other linked profile to png for lut? (asking for procedure)

Home Forums Help and Support Reshade: How can I apply other linked profile to png for lut? (asking for procedure)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

j19861986 SourceForge

Hi
    I really want to know how an icc profile (linked) is applied to png image, for use in 3dlut effect in reshade (LUT)
    I want to know if one custom icc I want to use, how it is inserted to an image, is it embedded profile?
    Or how is it applied to ColorLookupTable.png?
    Is there any command-line [tools] I can use?

I am trying to use yCMS color profile cause it can modify primary color coord’s
    Argyll isn’t modifying primary color coord’s, when have changed XYZ for RGB for source profile, argyll onlly follows 709 for primary colors or something like that (like it isn’t following custom RGB XYZ profile) (it doesn’t change luminance for RGB X’Y’Z)

Then wanted to use yCMS generated icc profile for LUT effect in reshade

Help me pls

Best Regards
    Johan Taunajik

• This topic was modified on 2015-12-07 15:30:33 by j19861986.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I want to know if one custom icc I want to use, how it is inserted to an image, is it embedded profile?

It is not inserted, the actual pixel values are changed.

Is there any command-line [tools] I can use?

Yes, see the ArgyllCMS cctiff documentation.

I am trying to use yCMS color profile cause it can modify primary color coord’s

So if I’m understanding you correctly you are not aiming for accurate color reproduction, but rather an “effect filter”-like 3D LUT that results in a certain “look”? I’m not familar with what features yCMS has or how it’s used, but you can do all that with dispcalGUI too (with the standalone profile creator & 3D LUT maker).

j19861986 SourceForge

I have read the cctiff documentation
    Does it need a picture that it must transform, and where is these pictures that it transforms 16x16x16, 32x32x32 and 64x64x64, pictures that dispcalgui do transform in create 3d-lut (and does dispcalgui provide those 3 pictures when installing dispcalgui)?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Does it need a picture that it must transform

Yes.

does dispcalgui provide those 3 pictures when installing dispcalgui

No, they are created on-the-fly.

j19861986 SourceForge

Are they created on-the-fly with cctiff?
    can you maybe write commandline to how it can transform/generate a picture?
    I have an icc that i want to use, like a.icc linked profile to b.png that is transformed?

j19861986 SourceForge

Really want to know how I can create manually (using non argyll icc linked profile, without using collink, that is used in dispcalgui)
    I need other linker to use in reshade compatible lut png

• This reply was modified on 2015-12-08 15:41:45 by j19861986.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Are they created on-the-fly with cctiff?

No.

can you maybe write commandline to how it can transform/generate a picture?

cctiff -p -ir source.icm -ir destination.icm infile.tif outfile.tif

-p Use slow precise transform
    -ir Use relative colorimetric intent (matrix profiles only support relative)

The rest of the parameters should be self-explanatory. Note that cctiff only supports TIFF and JPEG files, so you have to convert to PNG afterwards using a different program (MSPaint will do).

j19861986 SourceForge

How can I gen/get a picture that is linear (non-modified) that is like usable for cctiff?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

A 16x16x16 one is part of ReShade framework (ColorLUTOrig.png). Just look at the pixel values, that should give you an idea of how it was created.

j19861986 SourceForge

It is not quite 64x64x64, how is that [64x64x64] generated, before it is transformed?
    I’d like to have that one

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You have to create it yourself. There is no tool (that I know of) that can create those.

j19861986 SourceForge

I meant I want the one that has 64x64x64 not modified.
    Is there any way to upload it? like a supplementary for dispcalgui?

j19861986 SourceForge

if it is on-the-fly generated. can’t you generate one for me that is not modfied?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I meant I want the one that has 64x64x64 not modified.

There is no ‘unmodified’ version. The end result is created directly on-the-fly, as I said.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

if it is on-the-fly generated. can’t you generate one for me that is not modfied?

No. That’s simply not part of what the current code does, so there is no easy way for me to create one either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS