Reshade 3D LUT that maps the whitepoint

Home Forums Help and Support Reshade 3D LUT that maps the whitepoint

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

stama
    Participant

I have a LG C8 OLED TV, and would like to create a Reshade 3D LUT for SDR PC games, for the Game mode on this TV.

There are a few things wrong with the default settings of the Game mode on this TV, when sending 8 bit RGB to it:
    – the color gamut is Wide (panel native) and there is no option in the TV settings to switch it to anything else, so it’s completely unsuitable for PC gaming (not considering the few HDR games) which all expect a sRGB display!
    – no sRGB tone curve setting; the default one is called “Medium” and is basically a straight 2.2 power gamma function, that obviously coincides with the panel native 2.2 gamma
    – the default color temperature is 14000K !
    – no RGB gain controls to modify the color temperature
    – the only way to modify the color temperature is with a Colour Temperature control, and moving that slider all the way to the left (to the value named W50) reaches ~6700K; 6700K is therefore the warmest setting possible that can be achieved using the TV Game mode

What I would like to do, is to create a ReShade 3D LUT that I can inject in games to do color mapping: mapping from sRGB color space with sRGB tone curve to my panel native gammut with a gamma of 2.2, but with a white point mapping to 6500K (instead of the native 6700K).

These are the settings I used:

Calibration tab:
    – sRGB white point (x = 0.3127, y = 0.329)
    – white level, black level, tone curve = as measured

Profiling tab:
    – custom 4000 patches test chart; I disabled the “Show advanced options” setting, hoping that this will make the patches be displayed in the order in the testchart, rather than using the “Minimize display response time” order

3D LUT tab:
    – source colorspace = REC709 (because there was no sRGB option)
    – tone curve = gamma 2.2 (I would have liked to set here sRGB tone curve, but there is no such option)
    – rendering intent = absolute colorimetric with white point scaling
    – 3D LUT file format = ReShade
    – Input & Output Enconding = Full Range 0-255
    – 3D LUT size = 64x64x64

Are these settings the right ones to try and get the white point mapped to my desired 6500K instead of the panel native 6700? (reading the documentation, I understood that setting the white point in the Calibration tab will generate a 3D LUT with that white point as target)

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by stama. Reason: spelling
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by stama. Reason: additional details

Florian Höch
    Administrator

– custom 4000 patches test chart; I disabled the “Show advanced options” setting, hoping that this will make the patches be displayed in the order in the testchart, rather than using the “Minimize display response time” order

“Minimize display response time” is the “no change” option (it just happens to be the default).

tone curve = gamma 2.2 (I would have liked to set here sRGB tone curve, but there is no such option)

For games, gamma 2.x is actually preferable.

Settings look fine for the intended purpose.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS