Rec. 1886 calibration questions

Home Forums General Discussion Rec. 1886 calibration questions

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Alex Sikorsky
    Participant

This is how the curve (1) looks like, which is built during calibration, and that should be, if corrected (2)

Hmm no, that doesn’t seem to make sense. The “should be” curve looks wrong (darkening).

The profile follows pretty close BT.1886 with the given parameters (black level = 0.2924 cd/m2, normalized to 0..100). See attached tone curve plots (top = your profile, bottom = idealized Bt.1886 profile with same black and white level parameters). Note that both profiles scale black to zero in the tone response curves.

Hi,

Yes, thanks, I know that the pitch range is scaled to write to the profile tags and “both profiles are scaled black to zero on the tone characteristics curves.” I checked the measuring result on the monitor, according to and considering such scaling. A little later I will show how such control is done in practice. (I will make an article in FB and give a link).

A wish to make a non-closing window when measuring a white point, where you can enter values ​​in RGB and see the result of such a measurement (that is, measure any color), and besides CIE xyY see the data in Lab. So that it does not disappear after each measurement. (Just add a tick that does not allow it to close automatically after measurement)

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS