Profile Loader 3.3.5: Display settings restored frequently

Home Forums Help and Support Profile Loader 3.3.5: Display settings restored frequently

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

StringZ
    Participant

Hello,

I just use DisplayCAL since a couple of days. Calibration worked flawlessly. Now that the display settings are applied, the profile loader restores the settings over 400 times within just a couple of hours of only browsing, listening to some music etc.

Is this behavior normal? In Firefox, color management is enabled, so I don’t see a reason for restoring the settings that often. Additionally, I do not notice any “switching” between the profiles when they are (presumably) lost and restored again.

And i would like to ask a second question: Is ist normal that the calibrated color profile doesn’t differ that much from the standard profile after one has already adapted RGB/white points via the hardware settings of the TFT? Question is raised more out of curiosity, though I’m quite contend with the result. But I want to make sure that I get the best result possible.

Btw, I use a Spyder5.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by StringZ.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by StringZ.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

the profile loader restores the settings over 400 times within just a couple of hours of only browsing, listening to some music etc.

Yes, that’s pretty normal if you launch (and close) a lot of applications.

In Firefox, color management is enabled, so I don’t see a reason for restoring the settings that often.

The color management settings in Firefox (or any other application) is not related. The display profile is dependent on the exact state of the device as it was profiled, so it is important that this state is maintained by making sure any calibration is active.

And i would like to ask a second question: Is ist normal that the calibrated color profile doesn’t differ that much from the standard profile after one has already adapted RGB/white points via the hardware settings of the TFT?

For a standard gamut TFT with (roughly) sRGB (Rec. 709) color space and ~2..2 gamma, yes.

StringZ
    Participant

Great, thank you for answering.

So I assume that one’s eyes simply can’t perceive the restoration going on in the background? (Which,  of course, would be a good thing.)

Florian Höch
    Administrator

So I assume that one’s eyes simply can’t perceive the restoration going on in the background?

If calibration was lost, you would probably notice a subtle shift, but otherwise, no.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS