Problem Since 1903 Update (AMD Radeon)

Home Forums Help and Support Problem Since 1903 Update (AMD Radeon)

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant

Changing the pixel format fixes the issue for a second, and then when the profile loader re-loads it immediately reintroduces it.

Interesting, as the calibration (the actual values) don’t seem to reflect that. Maybe the AMD driver caches the values internally so even if the correct values get set by SetDeviceGammaRamp, it uses messed up cached values internally.

No, quitting it does not fix it.

Good in a sense, anything else would have surprised me.

Disabling the profile loader (or quitting it) requires that I turn the monitor off and on again in order to get back to a normal screen. After that, if I re-enable calibration loading, the problem did not reoccur.

My interest was more if with a permanently disabled profile loader (only via right-click menu -> remove checkmark from “load & preserve calibration”, no other means) the problem still occurs or not. If it does, we would be back to square one. If not, it’s probably due to some weird side-effect of SetDeviceGammaRamp with the AMD driver and 1903 (although the technical details would still be unclear, i.e why it seems to work via Windows internal calibration loader unless MS would have changed that to no longer use SetDeviceGammaRamp).

That I’ll have to test over the next day and get back to you about.

re: screenshots. I am not sure what happened there. I have definitely taken screenshots where the problem shows up. However, today, the screenshots don’t capture the problem.

Oh so the curve viewer screenshot above actually has pink title bars as part of Windows theme and is not due to the problem?

This screenshot was not affected by the problem, even though the screen was very much affected at the time I took the screenshot. I have taken other screenshots which did reflect the issue, so something has changed. I’ll test later to see if the capture method is what makes the difference (this screenshot was made with windows-S on a partial screen grab; I think what I had taken previously was a full-screen grab; I tried a print screen before getting your email and that was also unaffected, but that is not a method I have used before).

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant

AMD just released new drivers (19.7.3). From their patch notes under KNOWN ISSUES with today’s release:

Some system configurations may experience green color corruption after install of Radeon Software when running Windows® 10 May 2019 update.

No mention of the Pink. Will install now and update this thread for everyone else.

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant

SO…Installed 19.7.3. During the installation, the screen flashed and I no longer had pink-screen. Instead, everything turned blood red for a short bit. When the installer finished, everything went back to normal and I was asked to reboot.

Mind you, I’ve still set the DC Profile Loader to trigger on startup with a 1 minute delay in the Task Scheduler. BUT…so far so good. Screen and colors are normal so far. I’ll report back in a few days with the results after a few days of use one way or another.

Joseman
    Participant

Hello everyone, I just installed the AMD 19.7.3 driver. With DisplayCal removed, at the end of the installation just at the moment the PC restart screen appears, the screen has had the color pink (it is true that with DisplayCal installed the colors pink and green were continuous, they used to disappear when leaving the monitor on for a few minutes and in my case also the monitor was turned off with the energy saving disappearing colors after turning on the monitor again, eliminating this error since DisplayCal untied until today), after restarting to disappeared.

It is clear that the problem is Windows 1903 or the AMD drivers.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Joseman.

Litzner
    Participant

19.7.3 had it listed under known issues, not resolved. I gave been back and forth with AMD for over a week now telling them everything that is going on, informing them of all my testing, and going through troubleshooting with them.

t.g.v
    Participant

cal files, one normal behaviour, one tinted screen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

cal files, one normal behaviour, one tinted screen.

Thanks, as expected, they are identical.

Kevin Halfhill
    Participant

Thought I’d update everyone with this: https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-releases-windows-10-build-18362267—heres-whats-new

MS patches 1903 yesterday, and from their patch notes:

Updates an issue that may display colors incorrectly when viewing an image on 10-bit display panels.

t.g.v
    Participant

… good find!

since installing that kb, plus radeon 19.7.3, no problems anymore. especially that nasty bootloop disappeared; page fault in non paged area. several MS-updates were reverted coz’ repair installation was needed. 2 bootloops, then repair installation; actually i was not able to “enjoy” last MS-updates for 3 weeks!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS