Why does DisplayCAL reload my profile hundreds of times

Home Forums Help and Support Why does DisplayCAL reload my profile hundreds of times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bidibulle
    Participant

Hello,

I use DisplayCAL with my X-Rite i1Dispaly Pro but, since the last updates, I notice that my calibration profile is reloaded very many times.

Previously, it could be reloaded 3 to 5 times on the whole day. But now, it is reloaded hundreds of times in a few hours.

So, is that normal? And, what is the reason for this difference in behavior compared to older versions?

Regards,

PS : vous pouvez aussi répondre en français… 😉

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Bidibulle.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Previously, it could be reloaded 3 to 5 times on the whole day. But now, it is reloaded hundreds of times in a few hours.

Not quite correct. Previously, calibration state would be reapplied every three seconds, but these implicit reloads were not counted (wouldn’t have made much sense imo). So, with e.g. 8 hours runtime, implicit reloads would happen 9600 times.

Starting with 3.3, implicit reloads only happen when a change in running processes is detected, and the reloads are counted. Reloads happen far less often than previously (usually a factor of 1/20th over the same timeframe), because the minimum interval is still the same, but the running processes usually change far less frequently than every three seconds.

Also see https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/displaycal-3-3-x-profile-loader-windows-calibration-counter-goes-up/

Bidibulle
    Participant

OK !!! Thank you for this explanation.

I am very satisfied with DisplayCAL, and I find the calibration profiles I get with it are better than those I get with i1Profiler.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS