Old ColorMunki Display

Home Forums Help and Support Old ColorMunki Display

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Luttim
    Participant

Hi, I have the chance to buy a 2nd hand Colormunki Display for about half the price of a new device. It is a 2010 model. I have 2 questions:

1) Will this still be compatible with Argyll or DisplayCal on modern Ubuntu systems? (Or even Windows 10 software, as I dual boot)
    2) Are the 11yr old components high enough quality to still provide accurate calibration? Or are they like to have degraded too much?

Any help is much appreciated!

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi, I have the chance to buy a 2nd hand Colormunki Display for about half the price of a new device. It is a 2010 model. I have 2 questions:

1) Will this still be compatible with Argyll or DisplayCal on modern Ubuntu systems? (Or even Windows 10 software, as I dual boot)

It’s a hid device, driverless and supported by DisplayCAL/ArgyllCMS

2) Are the 11yr old components high enough quality to still provide accurate calibration? Or are they like to have degraded too much?

i1d3 family was designed to last since they use glass filters. Other mecanical damage made by user is unknown unless you see it broken. I’ll try to do not open/disasemble it.

Try to get a correceted (CCSS) reading of one know display vs the reading of the seller’s new reference colorimeter before buying (corrected reading if it is a new i1d3).

Luttim
    Participant

Thanks very much for your reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS