No Measurement Report in version 3?

Home Forums Help and Support No Measurement Report in version 3?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

anonymous SourceForge

Hi Florian,
    After installing the new version on my laptop it seems the is no longer an option for Measurement Report in the Tools menu. I always run a new measurement report after a calibration/profile. I really hate to see that go away. Is it hidden somewhere else?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, it’s still there, on the “Verification” tab.

anonymous SourceForge

Where is “profile only” button?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Go to the “Calibration” tab, set “Tone curve” to “As measured” and disable “Interactive display adjustment”.

anonymous SourceForge

Sorry, one more question. In 2.6.0.0 if I choosed “Settings: <current>” and I switch profile in OS (gamma, or even native vs D65 VCGT white correction for blocked OSDs modes like AdobeRGB/sRGB in many monitors), then I just need to open DispcalGUI to load full resolution VCGT (for AMD graphic cards since they allow dithering).

Now in 3.0.0.0 that functionality seems to be gone. I switch ICM profile in Win OS, OS loads a “limited bithdepth” version (little banding, as expected), open DispcalGUI 3 and banding is not gone. I need to go to edit menu al load calibration curves from current profile…or just open old DispcalGUI 2.6. I do not see errors or warns in windows log and I see usual “flick” on monitor while DispcalGUI is loading so I thouht it was loading proeprly VCGT as older versions until I inspected a gradient in a non color managed enviroment (IExplorer).
    Is there a bug in 3.0.0.0 related to program startup GPU LUT refresh?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

This is actually a bug in previous versions compared to 3.0: The previous versions of dispcalGUI would mask problems with vcgt loading precision of Windows itself (which always quantizes to 8 bit) because it loaded the current display profile calibration after checking videoLUT access. Version 3.0 saves the current calibration before checking videoLUT access, and then restores it. This is intended behavior.

The way to fix the banding is to disable OS calibration loading (and any 3rd party calibration loaders) and use the dispcalGUI calibration loader (which can be selected during profile installation). If you just want a quick way to reload calibration, this calibration loader can be used for that purpose too, just select it in the startup menu. Alternatively, run the standalone curve viewer and click the “Reload calibration” button, or like you did in dispcalGUI, select “Reload calibration” in the “Options” menu.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS