No joy.

Home Forums Help and Support No joy.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

PaulX
    Participant

Slap hand on forehead moment. OK – attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You may want to try the just-released Argyll 1.9, it has a fix for a ColorMunki Smile driver bug that causes crashes under Ubuntu 16.04.1 which sounds like the issue you’re having.

PaulX
    Participant

Cool -now just need to figure out how to install it. The ‘to configure your $PATH environment variable to give access to the executables from your command line environment’ is something I’ll have to think about. lol

Florian Höch (g+)
    Participant

You can just use “Select Argyll CMS executables…” in DisplayCAL’s “File” menu.

PaulX
    Participant

Removed Argyll CMS / Displaycal completely with synaptic, installed V1.9 in my Home folder, (system would not allow me to unzip it anywhere else ’cause not root and I never managed to figure out the root account thing) Downloaded and installed Displaycal, linked it to Argyll as per your instructions and then went about a calibration. OK this time I think it went to the end – went away to do something else rather than sitting watching the screen – but found a Displaycal error 2 message. Unsure whether a profile had been created and installed I launched the ICC Profile Info and found that indeed a profile appears to have been created. The screen also looks a little different from before and better. Improved gray scale. So maybe success despite the error?

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

OK this time I think it went to the end – went away to do something else rather than sitting watching the screen – but found a Displaycal error 2 message.

It seems the calibration measurements have finished, but not the profiling measurements, so there has been no profile created that can be installed in the system. You can use the created calibration as a base to retry the profiling run: On the “Calibration” tab, disable “Interactive display adjustment” and set tone curve to “As measured”. The button at the bottom will change to “Profile only”. When clicking it, you will be asked if you want to use the selected calibration. Click “Continue”.

PaulX
    Participant

Did the profiling as per instructions and attached are screen shots of the result – the first was the profile not added in time and when I clicked ‘close’ I got the next screen ‘installed but maybe problems’ screen. I looked for a ‘color’ tab under settings but in Ubuntu Studio that strangely appears to have been deemed surplus to requirements and so tried the ‘Import Profile’ but that didn’t even launch and so I was stuck with a screen the colors of which were consistent with the no-profiling-at-all scale mentioned in a previous post to this topic. Fortunately I was able by uninstalling all and everything related to attempts at calibration and a reboot to return to what must be the nvidia look. Apparently non of any of this works so I think I’ll just leave it at that and consider my options.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by PaulX.
    Attachments:

Florian Höch (g+)
    Participant

It appears to have worked just fine in your screenshot. The colord message is related to colord, which has its own mailing list if you have questions. If you do not have “Color” in system settings, then your OS probably does not support colord out of the box. You should contact the distribution maintainers and ask them to include it.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS