Newbie needs help with calibration

Home Forums Help and Support Newbie needs help with calibration

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

enny001 SourceForge

Hi guys i have dell U2410 with i1 display pro ruining full version of Resolve i also have access to factory settings for my monitor for red green ect which cant be accesses via standard mode in this monitor calibrating in standard mode with factory setting . I am using dispcalGUI which is dam awesome program. As Newbie i have few questions if you can please answer on how to calibrate for REC 709 for color correction.

1 There are 4 options in setting for REC 709 which one should i pick? or should i just go with default Gama 2.2
    2 In display option under display and instrument do i just chose my monitor
    3 in Calibration option under white point do i leave it to chromatically coordinates or as measured
    4 under Profiling test charts do i leave it to auto-optimized or is it better to use one of large test charts.

And my last question is since i have resolve and my concern is color calibration while using resolve and there is option for resolve should i chose resolve and go from there would this benefit me at all? I know that other calibration software like lightspace can be used with resolve to get really good accuracy with resolve but they are out of my price range does dispcalgui does the same here.

Thanks guys i apriciate all the help

PS I have made smalle donation for all trouble and help under last name Epizovic

Thanks again

• This topic was modified on 2015-08-13 18:53:16 by enny001.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

enny001 SourceForge

Hello anybody there? i gues i am distant cousin coming to visit and lights are off

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

1 There are 4 options in setting for REC 709 which one should i pick? or should i just go with default Gama 2.2

There’s only one preset for resolve, which is probabaly what you’re after.

2 In display option under display and instrument do i just chose my monitor

Not if you’re using the Resolve preset, otherwise yes.

3 in Calibration option under white point do i leave it to chromatically coordinates or as measured

Leave it to chromaticity (for presets with a Dxx daylight color temperature in the name, this will be the correct chromaticity for the respective standard).

4 under Profiling test charts do i leave it to auto-optimized or is it better to use one of large test charts.

Use “Auto” for best results. You can use the slider to adjust number of patches (good quality can be obtained with 1500+ patches, sometimes less if the display is very linear).

PS I have made smalle donation for all trouble and help under last name Epizovic

Appreciated 🙂

enny001 SourceForge

Thanks Florian 🙂 Why would one calibrate for resolve and create lut why not just collaborate for rec 709. Does one gets better calibration

• This reply was modified on 2015-08-16 07:02:22 by enny001.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks Florian 🙂 Why would one calibrate for resolve and create lut why not just collaborate for rec 709. Does one gets better calibration

You need to go through Resolve only if you have a decklink card or simlar and a display attached to it. All the 3D LUT presets currently aim for Rec. 709 / 1886 the difference is just the resulting 3D LUT format and/or display path used.

enny001 SourceForge

So if i calibrate my monitor to rec709 normally without using resolve option then the question is can resolve viewer see that rec 709 calibration. Or just use the resolve calibration for rec 709 and load that lut in to resolve viewer for it to see rec 709

thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Or just use the resolve calibration for rec 709 and load that lut in to resolve viewer for it to see rec 709

Yes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS