Measurement Failed, Instrument Sensor is in the Wrong Position

Home Forums Help and Support Measurement Failed, Instrument Sensor is in the Wrong Position

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

boddole SourceForge

Hello everyone, I’m new to legitimate monitor calibration, so I do apologise if my issue is dumb:

While using a Colormunki Display with dispcalGUI / Argyll CMS just after starting the on screen calibration process (after placing the sensor on the monitor) and telling the program to ‘start measurement’, I get a pop up error message about the colorimiter being in the wrong position.

I read the log file:
    12:59:13,100 Spot read failed due to the sensor being in the wrong position
    12:59:13,101 (Ambient filter should be removed)
    12:59:13,125 dispcalGUI: Waiting for send buffer
    12:59:14,198 dispcalGUI: Sending buffer: ‘ ‘
    12:59:14,204 Correct position then hit Esc or Q to give up, any other key to retry:

I tried to setup the device the same way I see in the examples for the Colormunki Display offical tutorials for use with Monitors (with the small lense facing the center of the monitor, with the ‘white cap’ is locked over the larger lense), I’m guessing I’m just tring to use it in the wrong way for this program?

Any ideas are appreciated, thank you for reading.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

with the small lense facing the center of the monitor, with the ‘white cap’ is locked over the larger lense

The small ‘lens’ is not a lens but a mount for a tripod. The way you use the device is by rotating the cap 180 degrees away from the lens, and putting the lens on the monitor.

boddole SourceForge

Welp, that was dumb…….Sorry to bother you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS