Mbp 15″ gtx750 + Panasonic GT30

Home Forums Help and Support Mbp 15″ gtx750 + Panasonic GT30

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sevenfrost SourceForge

Hello!
    I’m at the entry level in color correction. My setup is: Macbook pro with the GT750M, Resolve 12, And Panasonic GT30 through the bmd mini monitor. Panasonic calibrated with dispcalGUI (Resolve 3Dlut creation manual). The probe was i1 display. So the shadows have been lifted a little bit, despite the white level drift compensation button was turned on. What did I do wrong?
    Also I want to know how can I calibrate color viewer window in Resolve? There is a very big difference in saturation and contrast in compare with a plasma’s output. Retina display was calibrated in icc profile.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified on 2015-12-04 18:30:56 by sevenfrost.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

So the shadows have been lifted a little bit, despite the white level drift compensation button was turned on. What did I do wrong?

Probably nothing, if you used BT.1886 (which is what the preset does unless you changed it) then shadows look a little more “open” than, say, a gamma 2.x curve. If you want to create a gamma 2.x 3D LUT as well, you can do so without taking any new measurements by going to the 3D LUT tab, disabling “Create 3D LUT after profiling”, setting the desired gamma and click “Create 3D LUT” at the bottom.

Also I want to know how can I calibrate color viewer window in Resolve? There is a very big difference in saturation and contrast in compare with a plasma’s output. Retina display was calibrated in icc profile.

Resolve does not make use of ICC profiles, but has different slots for LUTs. The LUT set under “3D video monitor lookup table” is afaik normally used for any slot that isn’t specifically configured, but you can set different LUTs for the viewer and scopes. To create a 3D LUT for the viewer in dispcalGUI, select the profile you created for the Retina display under “Settings”. Then enable the 3D LUT tab as well as advanced options in the “Options” menu, and choose the following settings on the 3D LUT tab (which should match your Resolve 3D LUT settings):

• Create 3D LUT after profiling: Off
    • Source colorspace: Rec709 (or whichever colorspace you’re aiming for)
    • Tone response: The desired curve (e.g. Rec. 1886 or gamma 2.x)
    • DISABLE(!) “Apply calibration (vcgt)”. This is very important because while Resolve does not make use of the display ICC profile, it’s user interface is still affected by the 1D calibration in the graphics card, so applying it to the 3D LUT would result in the calibration being applied twice.
    • Rendering intent: Absolute colorimetric with white point scaling
    • Format: IRIDAS cube
    • Input/output encoding: Full range
    • 3D LUT size: 65x65x65

Leave all other settings at default.

Then click create 3D LUT, and afterwards set it in Resolve as the 3D Color Viewer (and/or scopes) lookup table.

sevenfrost SourceForge

Thank you very much!
    All great!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS