Mapping display gamut to sRGB

Home Forums Help and Support Mapping display gamut to sRGB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ilamoga89 SourceForge

I tried every seting in discalgui to lower primeries saturation with no success! I have an Eizo EV2333 PVA with almost perfect sRGB matching and an Eizo S1931, also PVA but with more saturated primeries. So I want to profile it with my color munki displai to show the corect saturation for colors. I also don’t want to use Lut profiles, (even if I tried them with no success) because Adobe Lightroom CC behaves strangely with LUT profiles.
    Is there a way to to change the way a monitor show the primeries?

• This topic was modified on 2015-11-21 10:42:52 by ilamoga89.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I tried every seting in discalgui to lower primeries saturation with no success! […]
    Is there a way to to change the way a monitor show the primeries?

No, only ICC color managed applications will show correct colors when the display is profiled.
    In general you’ll make your life much easier if you just go with one of the presets, e.g. in your case “Office & Web” may be a good match.

ilamoga89 SourceForge

I use Fast Stone viewer and I can see some saturation drop after calibration, but when I verify the calibration with HCFR colorimeter it shows me that the colors a bit more saturated like the profile works only the curvers but not the color matrix… Is there any way to show corect colors on a display with slightly twisted primeries hues? well I’m aware that full saturated blue will never be corect but the blues that are within the display gabut. I tried absolute rendering intent and nothing happens.
    I have another question about black point corection. Since the EV2333 has 3000:1 contrast I am able to corect the black point without loosing much contrast. But dispcalgui rises to much the color points in black wich is useless. I use sRGB tone curve. Only with gamma 2.2 with ablosute rendering gives me a “blacker” black.

• This reply was modified on 2015-11-21 11:41:14 by ilamoga89.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS