MacBook Pro 16″ & Davinci Resolve

Home Forums Help and Support MacBook Pro 16″ & Davinci Resolve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mario Av
    Participant

Hello, guys. I’ve tried to use search but still confused. Please help me to figure out what shall I do to calibrate my monitors properly.

I have freshly baked MacBook pro 16″ which has different display that previous MBPs. I use it for onway light grading works in Davinci Resolve during my travels (At home I have external LG 34WK95U and I found topic about this it already). The device I use for calibrating process is XRite iPro Display (the little pocket-sized one). The native XRite app is total crap — always makes orange tint and Apple’s built-in sRGBs and ColorLCD ICC are way better and clean, despite the contrast is more rough there.

I can not understand what should I choose in DisplayCal:

In displays I choose MBP screen, then in Gamma I choose Video Resolve and it automatically switches display to resolve — should I change it back to MBS or leave as Resolve?

Also on MBP I do not have controls over RGB and the measurement shows that the green channel is way ahead of red and blue. Is there a way to fix it or I should just leave it as is?

Thank you for your time and appreciate for any help and sharing experience of calibrating the same device as I have. The app is looking fantastic and I am so happy to find it, had no doubt to contribute from the very first sight. It must be included in calibrators packs!

Vincent
    Participant

The (hopefully) definitive guide to calibrating the EIZO CG2420

But use proper correction for your macbook / LG display and skip ColorNavigator part.
    If macbook has P3 screen use the P3 one for macs bundled with DisplayCAL. IDNK which one is LG, for common LED sRGB display it’s White LED IPS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS