Locate Argyll CMS executables… +/bin/

Home Forums Help and Support Locate Argyll CMS executables… +/bin/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Red Frog
    Participant

Attempting to locate the Argyll exes with the new version (3.1) always wants to add a superfluous /bin/ directory when making the selection. In the attached example, selecting “P:\Program Files\ArgyllCMS\” results in “P:\Program Files\ArgyllCMS\bin\” instead. Silly as it seems, I wasn’t sure if this was intentional so decided instead of reporting as a bug I’d just make a post.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Red Frog. Reason: specified version number
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

that is correct, you’re not supposed to move files out of the “bin” folder. If you want to move the Argyll CMS folder, move the whole folder, keeping the directory structure intact, otherwise data files won’t be found.

Red Frog
    Participant

I didn’t move it, that’s where I always keep them. dcG used to look where specified. Thank you for the reply though, it’s not exactly an end of the world issue but I guess I’ll resign myself to resetting things.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I didn’t move it, that’s where I always keep them.

You’re seeing the message because your P:\Program Files\ArgyllCMS doesn’t contain the expected folder structure. The ArgyllCMS directory should contain four subfolders, “bin”, “doc”, “ref” and “usb”. All but the “doc” directory are needed for correct operation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS