Lightroom color problems

Home Forums Help and Support Lightroom color problems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

epicfail
    Participant

Hi, I have a Spyder4Express and decided to try it out with DisplayCal. I want to use it to calibrate my 55″4k TV which I use for photo editing with LR and PS.  Before I installed DisplayCal Lightroom displayed colors without much banding and they pretty much looked exactly the same in Photoshop. Since I installed and calibrated my monitor the colors in lightroom have crazy amounts of banding in them. Photoshop is rendering the colors much smoother.  In the attached image is a screen shot with the same photo and same settings in Lightroom (left) and PS ACR (right). Lightroom has added a bunch of green into the yellows and is pretty much unusable for editing or viewing any photos. What do I do to try and get this to work properly? I have had to uninstalled all the software and just go back to the way it was before the calibration to get the photos to render normal looking again.

I am using Win7 (fresh install fully updated),  DisplayCal 3.6.2, ArgylCMS 2.0.1, Spyder3Express, Hisense 55″ 4k HDR monitor.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

as Photoshop seems to work fine with the profile, this could be a Lightroom bug. Check if you are using hardware acceleration in Lightroom, and if so, try without (Preferences -> Performance -> Use graphics processor, restart Lightroom after toggling).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS