LG GL850 B and srgb mode

Home Forums Help and Support LG GL850 B and srgb mode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mat a
    Participant

Hi

The srgb mode on the monitor is very dim. Would it completely screw up with the factory calibration if I increase the brightness or would the loss of accuracy be minimal?

Thanks

Patrick1978
    Participant

Yes you can change the brightness. I think it defaults to 40 in the brightness control which should be around 200 nits.  Also at the same brightness setting there shouldn’t be any real difference in brightness between full gamut and sRGB modes.  There may be something wrong with the monitor if that isn’t the case.

The factory calibration isn’t that accurate anyways, or at least on my early version the white point is a little over 7000k, the gamma is fairly accurate to 2.2 though.  Also the ICC profile you get from installing the monitor drivers is for the full gamut mode and shouldn’t be used if you’re using the sRGB mode, it’s also a very simple profile that only really decries the gamut and not much else.

Keeping the brightness setting that you chose if you do your own calibration and profiling is important since that info will be stored in the profile that DisplayCAL creates.

mat a
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS