it’s worth to use this profile?

Home Forums Help and Support it’s worth to use this profile?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

warrior94 SourceForge

Hi,
    I’ve tried to calibrate my laptop screen with dispcal and my spyder 4 express device, I’ve used the laptop preset but i am getting hi-value errors, so i was wondering, is still worth to use this profile/calibration or should I go back to windows defaults?

Thanks for the support, Matteo.

Link with verification, profile and log files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzegrzqIDWFicF9ONWl3dGFvYVE&usp=sharing

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

I’ve used the laptop preset

Are you sure? The “Laptop” preset should create a XYZ LUT profile, but your profile is a simple curves + matrix one, which may explain the bad result (panels from laptops are sometimes not very well behaved and thus better characterized by a LUT profile).

warrior94 SourceForge

Hi Florian, thanks for the support.
    Yes I’ve used the Laptop preset, the only parameters I’ve changed were the ammount of patches in the profiling section (switched to 97 patches with auto-optimized testchart because the default process takes too much time [2 hours]) and the calibration speed (veryhigh) .

warrior94 SourceForge

Problem Solved, using a lut profile errors are acceptable, thanks for the support!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS