Is there a way to calibrate an iPad with a Spyder5 Pro?

Home Forums Help and Support Is there a way to calibrate an iPad with a Spyder5 Pro?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Darkmatter
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to use DC or another software tool to use a Spyder5 Pro to calibrate an iPad Air? I tried installing SpyderGallery from Datacolor but it keeps saying it can’t find the device even though I opened the needed port and made sure the program had access to get past Windows firewall.

Thanks

Darkmatter
    Participant

Actually I should ask at the same time, how much calibration can I do to my Sony Bravia 50″ TV? I’m guessing there’s no way to upload an actual profile so would I just be doing the first step where you get the colors and brightness to match up?

Thanks

betazoid
    Participant

Well. I am an Android user, I am not sure if color management actually works with iOS, my guess would be no. As far as Android is concerned, in theory it would work, but as far as I know there are no apps which can do color management. Here is how it could work on Android, if there were color-managed apps:

Start Displaycal on a desktop or laptop (Windows, Mac OSX or Linux). Attach your measuring device to the computer. In the first tab unter Display you choose “web @ localhost”. In the nex tab you decativate “interactive display adjustment” and set tone curve to “as measured”. This will deactivate calibration and you will only do profiling. In the profiling-tab you do not need to set anything but you can, e.g. you can choose how long profiling should take. I would not recommend longer than 30 minutes. Click on “profile only” on the bottom of the Displaycal window. In the next dialogue, you will be shown an ip-address. Write this address into the address bar of your browser on your ipad and place the measuring device on the ipad’s screen. Of course, you will have to set display timeout to maximum on your ipad first.

When Displaycal is finished you will have to transfer the profile to your ipad and look for an app which can use the profile.

I have found one app for android, I think it is called “Colibri”, but it is not really useful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS