Import meter profile from Calman 5. HELP!!!

Home Forums Help and Support Import meter profile from Calman 5. HELP!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Hi! I use Calman 5 software. In calman I have created a meter profile for my LG OLED Tv. Is there a way to import this profile into DisplayCal?

This is the calman’s profile screenshot

calman 5 meter profile

I have this CCMX file. Can I replace the XYZ values with the Calman profile values? Are they in the same order?

CCMX

DESCRIPTOR “LG C6 (i1 Pro 2 + I1D3 Rev B)”
    INSTRUMENT “X-Rite i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display”
    MANUFACTURER_ID “GSM”
    MANUFACTURER “Goldstar Company Ltd”
    OBSERVER “1931_2”
    REFERENCE_OBSERVER “1931_2”
    DISPLAY “LG TV”
    TECHNOLOGY “LED OLED”
    DISPLAY_TYPE_BASE_ID “1”
    DISPLAY_TYPE_REFRESH “NO”
    REFERENCE “X-Rite i1 Pro 2”
    ORIGINATOR “Argyll ccmx”
    CREATED “Tue Mar 28 23:04:23 2017”
    COLOR_REP “XYZ”

NUMBER_OF_FIELDS 3
    BEGIN_DATA_FORMAT
    XYZ_X XYZ_Y XYZ_Z
    END_DATA_FORMAT

NUMBER_OF_SETS 3
    BEGIN_DATA
    1.028679 -0.0101401 -0.00323692
    0.00436529 1.013051 -0.00219971
    -0.00377040 0.00701935 1.000869
    END_DATA

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Hi! I use Calman 5 software. In calman I have created a meter profile for my LG OLED Tv. Is there a way to import this profile into DisplayCal?

This is the calman’s profile screenshot

From the screenshot it looks like reference and target meter were the same – that doesn’t make much sense conceptually. The reference meter should be a different, more accurate meter (i.e. spectrometer).

I have this CCMX file. Can I replace the XYZ values with the Calman profile values? Are they in the same order?

Yes, that’ll work. Make sure to change the descriptor to reflect the actual TV model and meter(s) used (also change the REFERENCE field accordingly).

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

From the screenshot it looks like reference and target meter were the same – that doesn’t make much sense conceptually. The reference meter should be a different, more accurate meter (i.e. spectrometer).

Yes, it’s because the spectrophotometer I use is disconnected. The reference meter I use is an xrite i1Pro2.

I can not use it with DisplayCal because it is a xrite i1Pro2 Manufactured by Xeros and detects it as i1Pro by DisplayCal. In Calman I had the same problem and they sent me a version that corrected this problem.

Look

APR 06, 2017  |  12:47PM PDT
    SpectraCal Support replied:
    Hi Alejandro,

Yes, as far as we can tell it is an i1Pro2. The ID CalMAN sees however, claims it as an i1Monitor (which is basically the i1Pro with the UV Cut filter). This is just a new animal to us basically as its an i1Pro2 as base instead of the i1Pro.

We discussed this situation at the morning engineering meeting so its definitely on the list of items for us to work on. They are also aware that you are ready to test it out for us as soon as we can get you a new build.

Best Regards,

Melissa Thompson
    -SpectraCal Tech Support

Instrument information
    Instrument inspection: Successful
    Serial number i1Pro: 1007331
    Type: i1Pro (M2 only)
    Revision: E
    Firmware version: 630
    CPLD version: 999
    Dark measurement count: 592
    Lamp burning time: 601.1 seconds
    Spot measurement count: 92
    Scan measurement count: 171
    Factory calibration: 8/8/2012
    Spectral Module ID: 01-13861a15000034
    Supplier: ‘Xerox’
    Warranty start date: 1/4/2017 12:42:37
    Recertification date: –

Yes, that’ll work. Make sure to change the descriptor to reflect the actual TV model and meter(s) used (also change the REFERENCE field accordingly).

Yes, I made all the changes. I create a calibration and compare it with the one I did with Calman RGB and they were almost identical. DisplayCal does an excellent job. Maybe I like more DisplayCal because there are many more options than Calman RGB. I will continue testing with which I have better results.

The difference I found is that Calman calibrate the whitepoint without having to do it from the TV options. With DisplayCal, using the Video calibration (D65, Rec. 1886) with the default settings, do not calibrate the whitepoint. Maybe I have to define it somewhere.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I can not use it with DisplayCal because it is a xrite i1Pro2 Manufactured by Xeros and detects it as i1Pro by DisplayCal.

Argyll may show some revisions of the i1 Pro 2 under the i1 Pro label, but it should work regardless (you need to install and use the Argyll CMS instrument driver).

The difference I found is that Calman calibrate the whitepoint without having to do it from the TV options. With DisplayCal, using the Video calibration (D65, Rec. 1886) with the default settings, do not calibrate the whitepoint. Maybe I have to define it somewhere.

Are you talking about automatic TV adjustment (using display data channel, DDC)? This is not supported (and unlikely will be) in DisplayCAL.

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Hola Florian. No. Calman supports DDC only on my monitor. My Tv dont support DDC.
    What I want to say, in Calman I do a calibration of 21 points, 5,10,15,20,25… 100. (point 100 is 100% white) When I measure with Calman the calibration made with DisplayCal, the point 100 does not appear to be calibrated. I do not know if I explain myself correctly. If you want I can publish the measurement charts.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Are you using the exact same colorimeter correction? Are you sure the calibration is active? (if you have CalMAN Client, it’ll override any calibration not made with CalMAN, so you’ll have to close its tray icon, then use the DisplayCAL profile loader to make sure the calibration is actually loaded. This requires the profile to be installed and associated to the TV).

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Are you using the exact same colorimeter correction? Are you sure the calibration is active? (if you have CalMAN Client, it’ll override any calibration not made with CalMAN, so you’ll have to close its tray icon, then use the DisplayCAL profile loader to make sure the calibration is actually loaded. This requires the profile to be installed and associated to the TV).

Yes of course. First deactivate CalMAN Client and then activate the profile from the DisplayCal Profile loaded and make sure that the profile I create with DisplayCal is active. Then, with Calman Home Theater take a measurement (also enable the “ICC enable” option in the source pattern)

In Calman RGB i use DeltaE target 0.5 on the gamma curve calibration. Maybe that’s why there’s so much difference.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

It’s easy to test. Do a verification in DisplayCAL, then do the same in CalMAN. Does the white reading match? If not, you’d have to figure out why.

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

It’s easy to test. Do a verification in DisplayCAL, then do the same in CalMAN. Does the white reading match? If not, you’d have to figure out why.

Okay, I’ll do it later. I’ll tell you later.

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Hi Florian, are you sure that the YYZ values are in this order? I just replace the (,) with the (.).

Take a look as you leave:

CCMX

DESCRIPTOR “LG EF9500 OLED & i1DisplayPro (i1 Pro2) Prof v6”
    INSTRUMENT “X-Rite i1 DisplayPro, ColorMunki Display”
    MANUFACTURER_ID “GSM”
    MANUFACTURER “Goldstar Company Ltd”
    OBSERVER “1931_2”
    REFERENCE_OBSERVER “1931_2”
    DISPLAY “LG TV”
    TECHNOLOGY “LED OLED”
    DISPLAY_TYPE_BASE_ID “1”
    DISPLAY_TYPE_REFRESH “NO”
    REFERENCE “X-Rite i1 Pro 2”
    ORIGINATOR “Argyll ccmx”
    CREATED “Tue Mar 28 23:04:23 2017”
    COLOR_REP “XYZ”

NUMBER_OF_FIELDS 3
    BEGIN_DATA_FORMAT
    XYZ_X XYZ_Y XYZ_Z
    END_DATA_FORMAT

NUMBER_OF_SETS 3
    BEGIN_DATA
    0.88387134 -0.0236766 -0.00610182
    0.02070533 0.83277329 -0.00318322
    0.01130281 -0.00491452 0.83658539
    END_DATA

When I check the whitepoint before start the calibration, it tells me that it has more green and that I have to change the RGB values. Refers to low RGB or high RGB?

If lower 6 points RGB low or 6 point RGB high, I get the same results as lowering 3 points of RGB low and 3 points of RGB high …

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi Florian, are you sure that the YYZ values are in this order? I just replace the (,) with the (.).

Yes.

When I check the whitepoint before start the calibration, it tells me that it has more green and that I have to change the RGB values. Refers to low RGB or high RGB?

Sorry, I don’t follow. Where do you check the whitepoint and how?

If lower 6 points RGB low or 6 point RGB high, I get the same results as lowering 3 points of RGB low and 3 points of RGB high …

It is relatively common for display controls to interact in some way.

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Yes.

Sorry, I don’t follow. Where do you check the whitepoint and how?

It is relatively common for display controls to interact in some way.

Look…

This is 100% white measurement with Calman using coordinates D65 (x 0.3127 and 0.3290) DeltaE 2000 is 1.5. The same if I measure “white only” or “peak white only”.

white point DeltaE 1,5

30% and 100%

When I do a calibration with interactive display adjustment (with same x and y coordinates) say this:

The RGB values of the white point do not match. The deltaE is 2.3 and that is above the rest is green.

I am using the same meter profile that I use in Calman, with the same coordinates, should not be different. Am I doing something wrong?

Soli
    Participant

Calman makes corrections on top of existing correction.. (ie meter profile, which is also basically a correction) so the XYZ table is only half of the correction. If you make a profile but use RAW mode, in theory you should get a displaycal compatible XYZ table.  (Unless it’s not totally raw but raw mode with some Calman sprinkle powder on top..which wouldn’t be the biggest surprise) That said, I’m pretty sure the i1pro2 will work with displaycal if you just install the argyll drivers.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Soli.

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Calman makes corrections on top of existing correction.. (ie meter profile, which is also basically a correction) so the XYZ table is only half of the correction. If you make a profile but use RAW mode, in theory you should get a displaycal compatible XYZ table.  (Unless it’s not totally raw but raw mode with some Calman sprinkle powder on top..which wouldn’t be the biggest surprise) That said, I’m pretty sure the i1pro2 will work with displaycal if you just install the argyll drivers.

From Calman support say this: “So selecting any of them when you profile it using a spectro, it doesn’t matter which you will select (just select the default or RAW, It is only a label).  Whatever you select, Calman will add a new offset above and will replace to that selection.”

Take a look, this is a meter profile whit RAW XYZ display type option… (Almost same as when using Display Type LCD) I use these XYZ variables to create a profile for DisplayCal and the result is the same as before.

NUMBER_OF_SETS 3
    BEGIN_DATA
    0.87899498 -0.02390181 -0.00662748
    0.01953893 0.82814858 -0.00369119
    0.0078941 -0.00457815 0.8319331
    END_DATA

As already mentioned, my i1PRO2 is different and DisplayCal (with argyll drivers) is detected as i1PRO1. It is a problem because i1PRO2 work differently when initializing. i1PRO2 requires always it’s White tile plate because it features a built-in wavelength calibration technology and it’s using it’s white tile to automatically self diagnose and correct for small shifts doing a mechanical alignment (of the 41 10nm increments binned from 128 sensors) based on that white’s tile reflectance reading during meter initialization procedure. The problem is that because this iPRO2 it’s xerox device, it seems that the software is operate in i1PRO1 mode, so i loose the built-in wavelength calibration capability. On Calman now functioning properly because they corrected the problem and now detect it correctly as i1PRO2. Before, when Calman detected it as i1PRO1 the measurements were incorrect.

Alejandro Oscar
    Participant

Is there any guide that explains where to go download and how to install the Argyll drivers… and how to create the meter profile with DisplayCal?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS