Images are more saturated and reddish when exporting from Photoshop srgb

Home Forums Help and Support Images are more saturated and reddish when exporting from Photoshop srgb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Martin
    Participant

Hi,

First of all thanks for the creation of this great software. As I’ve written in the topic I have encountered an issue when exporting images from photoshop, or when viewing them outside from photoshop even with color managed softwares like Acdsee. The colors look a bit more reddish and saturated. I am using an Asus VX279h monitor, and have calibrated it using a Datacolor Spyder 5. Photoshops working space is set to srgb. I have calibrated using Single Curve + MTX as using XYZ LUT + MTX was even worse as there was lot more contrast when viewed outside photoshops working space. Am I missing something or is this normal?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Only color managed applications have the ability to show correct colors. That said, not all applications that claim to support color management do it correctly. I have looked at ACDSee multiple times in the past and found its color management implementation to not produce correct results, specifically it seemed to completely ignore the display profile.

Martin
    Participant

Ok, but the strange thing is that I experience the same thing in the export menu: Save for Web (Legacy) of Photoshop when viewing the image with the Preview set to “Monitor Color” and not as “Use Document Profile”. Which one should I trust (I mainly upload my images to social networks like Instagram or Facebook)? Is it normal that there is a subtle color shift between those two? Thanks in advance for the response.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Martin.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

“Monitor color” is the same as no color management.

Martin
    Participant

I see. Thanks for the help Florian.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS