Identical Asus Monitors + Spyder5 + Displaycal = :(

Home Forums Help and Support Identical Asus Monitors + Spyder5 + Displaycal = :(

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Adam
    Participant

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting, so please forgive me if I am missing any etiquette of this forum!

I have two of the Asus VS247HP monitors. I am using the Spyder5 and imported it’s .exe via displaycal for the calibration data.

No matter what I do, my left monitor always looks pink relative to the right. My process has been.

1. Let monitors warm up for at least 30 minutes
    2. Measure brightness with Spyder5. Do this on each monitor until they both match each other.
    3. I Set white level drift to ON
    4. I set the Mode to LCD (White LED) because I assume this is right
    5. I leave all other settings alone and calibrate
    6. I repeat this with the second monitor. Each one takes between 1.5 hours and 2 hours with default set of patches

But the left one always looks pink with the new profile, and the right one always looks cooler (I think the right one looks more accurate to my eye, but I prefer cooler colors anyway, so who knows)

I know the “left_right_comparison” photo is sort of garbage, but hopefully you can see the slight difference.

Hopefully I included enough information to be useful, please let me know if I can provide anything else! Also, I want to say that I am extremely grateful for this software and I am very impressed by the polish of it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Adam
    Participant

I will add these two images in case they will help, although I suspect this data was included in the zips I exported

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

The whitepoints do not match (correlated color temperature primary 6700K vs secondary 8000K). Set an identical calibration whitepoint target when calibrating both displays. In your case, you’ll probably want to pick only one to re-calibrate/re-profile, to save time, and match the white visually for best results (also see the FAQ).

Adam
    Participant

This is going to sound dumb but after I visually get the whitepoints to match, do I still adjust RGB to the requested values in the interactive calibration? Seems like it would defeat the purpose of manually adjusting the one monitor to match the other?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

after I visually get the whitepoints to match, do I still adjust RGB to the requested values in the interactive calibration?

No, in that case you skip the interactive adjustment.

Seems like it would defeat the purpose of manually adjusting the one monitor to match the other?

Correct.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS