i1Pro2 dispread: Error – new_disprd failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed’ (Davinci Resolve)

Home Forums Help and Support i1Pro2 dispread: Error – new_disprd failed with ‘Instrument Access Failed’ (Davinci Resolve)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have tried different usb ports on my machine (2.0 and 3.0) and also a usb hub. At times it has made it through half of the patches. I can’t get it to complete with out an error. I have White level, black level and tone curve “As Measured”.

• This topic was modified on 2015-10-08 18:47:22 by videoshooter1.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, it’s a bit of a shot in the dark, but is the X-Rite software installed? If so, try disabling the “X-Rite Devices Service Manager” service. Normally this shouldn’t cause issues, but it’s the only thing I can think of atm.

• This reply was modified on 2015-10-08 21:28:33 by fhoech.

buckiejoe SourceForge

Could be the display. I have this Kuro which has two modes – PC and Video. In PC it always works, while in Video it often fails. I presume this could be due to some kind of post-processing and delay, even though that should be automatically taken care of in theory. Trying different settings alleviates the problem. For example, with that display, upping the brigtness by two allows the process to complete while having it at default means it will fail on first or second patch with the “access failed” error.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Graeme has posted a few updated Argyll CMS executables to work around a certain issue with the i1 Display Pro. I’m not sure the changes affect other instruments as well, but you may want to try these: http://www.argyllcms.com/test1.zip

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

buckiejoe SourceForge

Did he provide any additional info? Don’t know about Nathan, but I’m on a Mac. Can’t try it out.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The only other information I have right now is that these executables potentially fix a communication protocol breakdown (possibly due to a timeout somewhere when the black level is really low) with the i1D3.
    There’s no Mac version at the moment, sorry. Nathan is on Windows according to the log.

Hi Florian,
    I will try disabling X-Rite Devices Service Manager and see if that helps, Although now that I think about it I tried using only the Argyll drivers without Xrite being installed and I got the same errors

Thanks for this tip. I will give your suggestion a try.

OK thanks, I will download that.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The updated Argyll CMS executables are now available for Mac too: http://www.argyllcms.com/osx_64_disptools.tgz

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS