i1 Display 2 + U2713H

Home Forums Help and Support i1 Display 2 + U2713H

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dtsiapas SourceForge

Does the i1 Display 2 require a spectral correction to properly calibrate the U2713H?
    I haven’t found any on the database.

I try to calibrate on custom color and the problem is that I get really high de after calibration as well as a red tint on the grayscale especially near the blacks.

Note that I also have the U2711 and the Eizo 2411 and I have been using the i1 Display 2 for several years.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

Does the i1 Display 2 require a spectral correction to properly calibrate the U2713H?

The i1D2 doesn’t support spectral corrections.

I try to calibrate on custom color and the problem is that I get really high de after calibration as well as a red tint on the grayscale especially near the blacks.

How old is the i1D2? It’s filters may have degraded enough for it to not be suitable for calibration and profiling anymore.

dtsiapas SourceForge

I think I have been using it for approximately 10-13 years, but It doen’t seem to be the i1d2 that is causing the problem. IMHO the U2713H doesn’t provide a good starting point for calibration and i have tried multiple setups with Brightness, Constrast, Gain and even Offset.

I will try the xrite’s diagnostic tool and see what it will report.
    Will dispcalgui’s “Spectrometer self-calibration” help anyhow?

Thank you for your response Florian

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I think I have been using it for approximately 10-13 years, but It doen’t seem to be the i1d2 that is causing the problem.

I just tested my own i1D2 which is 11 years old, and it doesn’t show much signs of aging filters. In fact, I was surprised that with the CCMX I generated three years ago for my LCD screen it still pretty much matches the i1 Pro readings.

I would definitely say that it’s not the best instrument for wide-gmut displays like the U2713H due to the GB-r-LED backlight of that screen though. Without a suitable correction, the i1D2 is likely not to work well with it.

Will dispcalgui’s “Spectrometer self-calibration” help anyhow?

No, the i1D2 is a colorimeter.

dtsiapas SourceForge

I tried lowering the contrast below 50 on the U2713H and I started getting better dEs, approximately around 2.

Now if the i1D2 doesn’t work properly with this monitor should i trust the results I am getting? I suppose that an updated version, eg. iD1 Pro, would give more accurate results, is this correct?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I tried lowering the contrast below 50 on the U2713H and I started getting better dEs, approximately around 2.

On most digital computer displays (not TVs), the contrast should not be adjusted from defaults because there often is only one correct setting where it doesn’t clip and doesn’t limit the contrast range either.

Now if the i1D2 doesn’t work properly with this monitor should i trust the results I am getting?

Without a comparison to a known accurate reference or a spectrometer, it’s hard to know.

I suppose that an updated version, eg. iD1 Pro, would give more accurate results, is this correct?

Yes. I wouldn’t expect a night-and-day difference though.

dtsiapas SourceForge

To my eyes the (with reset curves) the monitor seems to clip at the default value of contrast (50), that’s why i tried lowering it.

Thank you Florian your help is much appreciated!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS