How to get same colors on two different monitors

Home Forums Help and Support How to get same colors on two different monitors

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stefano Bae
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m trying to get the same colors on two different monitors which are:

• Benq BL2420PT
    • HP 24o

I’m using the X-rite Colormunki Smile to calibrate them but i really couldn’t get the same colors even I used the same settings on DisplayCal.

I tried with different setting like Default<gamma 2.2>, sRGB with different Testcharts (I thought that higher is the number of the testchart, better is the calibration…), but I couldn’t get the desired result…

Do you guys have any advices?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Stefano Bae.

nik.bernadsky
    Participant

Hi! There is only one way to achieve pretty good matching between these two displays, and the way is visual equalization of white point. Even if you have a spectrophotometer but your displays are not the same type of backlight and color filters you need manual adjustment of white point chromaticity.  Good matching achieved by direct device measurement is possible if you only have the displays of the same type, preferably the same model and best if you are using more advanced device such as i1 Pro.

GroovyGeek
    Participant

There is a FAQ on this very topic with some specific suggestions how to do this.  I was also shocked how grossly different the visual appearance of the white point was between two closely related Dell monitors when I used the indicators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS