How to access spectral sensitivity data of i1DisplayPro

Home Forums Help and Support How to access spectral sensitivity data of i1DisplayPro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

patek2 SourceForge

Hello, I was wondering how to retrieve the device-specific spectral sensitivity of the i1DisplayPro which is saved by x-rite into the EEprom. I read at some places on the internet that dispcalgui makes use of this data when computing the correction matrix. When I looked into the source code of Argyll cms, I found the file i1d3.c which contains functions to read and decode the EEprom. Spectral sensitivity is printed/saved if cerain preprocessor variables are defined.

But then I could not proceed. The Argyll binaries have no executable for i1d3.
    The file i1d3.c has no main function. So if I compiled the file (I would need to install a C compiler in Windows, first) nothing would happen. Also, I cannot write a main function myself because it is not clear how to set the arguments when calling the read/decode EEprom functions. A text search for the string “i1d3.c” in the Argyll source code files shows no other matches. Even though I can read code (more or less) I am no software expert.

Any help on how to get the spectral sensitivity of the i1DisplayPro or how the code of i1d3.c is used in dispcalgui would be greatly appreciated.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi, as dispcalGUI is just calling the Argyll tools, that’s a question for Graeme. You can contact him directly via argyllcms.com or via the the Argyll CMS mailing list.
    Although if you compile the whole of Argyll CMS with the right changes (in i1d3.c, turn the #undefs related to sensor sensitivity spectra into #defines) it’ll likely get you what you’re after.

patek2 SourceForge

Thank you for the swift reply. Compiling the whole of Argyll CMS with the appropriate preprocessor variables sounds like a good idea. But I have found out on the ‘compiling Argyll’ help pages that Graeme’s view on compiling argyll cms on Windows is that it “can be challenging”. Probably too challenging for me. Instead, I will ask Graeme. Maybe one of the existing executables with the appropriate parameters in Argyll/bin already yields the result.
    Once I have an answer, I can post it here, too.

patek2 SourceForge

Feedback from Graeme was that the way to go is indeed to compile the whole of Argyll CMS with appropriate #undefs changed into #defines.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Noted, I’m following the Argylll list as well 🙂

Which version of Windows are you using? I’m having good success with Visual Stdio Express 2010 under Windows 7, using Graeme’s ajam. If you like, I can post some instructions how to set up the build environment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS