How long should it take to create 3Dlut for eecolor

Home Forums Help and Support How long should it take to create 3Dlut for eecolor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lesliew
    Participant

Reason for the above question is that my MacBook Pro i7, 16gb Ram (running window 7 natively)  has been processing the 3DLut for my Vizio TV for 12 days now, it is making progress but ever so slowly, at the current rate it may take another week.  Running DisplayCal  3.1.6.   Is this normal.

I’ve used DisplayCal for a few months but only recently picked up the 3D Lut box

I plan to be using the eeColor 3D LUT box on my JVC RS600 so its not a big deal to cancel the processing before it ends, but what would be a reasonable time to expect a 3D Lut to be created using DisplayCal on a Quad Core i7.

Pretty sure the software defaulted to 64^3 correction points, so that is what it is currently processing.

Thanks

Leslie

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Reason for the above question is that my MacBook Pro i7, 16gb Ram (running window 7 natively) has been processing the 3DLut for my Vizio TV for 12 days now

Days? :-O On a machine like that I would expect less than five minutes to create a 3D LUT from an existing profile (on my own desktop i7 it takes around 1:36 minutes). Or are you talking about taking measurements, not processing, in which case the time taken for measurements alone depends on the patch count, display brightness, and instrument (at maximum patch count of around 11000, an i1D3 should take roughly four hours on a “typical” 120cd/m2 LCD TV, but a Spyder may take a day for the same amount. Usually patch counts are a lot less than that though, and the time taken just a fraction, e.g. around 10 minutes for profiling measurements using an i1D3 at 425 patches)?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Florian Höch. Reason: Clarification amended

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

lesliew
    Participant

Yes it really was taking that long processing, the measurements taken with an i1D3 were done reasonably quickly.

I’ve since cancelled the processing, I may try it under OSX when I do my calibration for the RS600 and of course upgrade to the latest release.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS