How is my Calibration Report

Home Forums Help and Support How is my Calibration Report

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

enny001 SourceForge

Hi guys i just did a calibratiuon with dispcal with resolve using decklink mini monitor card that is feeding a signal to my dell u2410 via hdmi can you tell me what i am looking at here and wht shiuld i be shooting for

• This topic was modified on 2015-09-25 17:06:10 by enny001.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

this is the gamut outline of your Dell (colored outline) vs. Rec. 709/sRGB (dotted gray outline). What you can see from this is that your monitor seems to cover Rec. 709 very well (which is to be expected from that particular model).

enny001 SourceForge

Hi Florian so basically as long as gray doted line is inside the colored outline line its all good or does gray outline has to do more like fallow closely to the border and shape of colored outline.

I have also used in profile type XYZLUT +swapped matrix in my research some have used curves + matrix does this make any difference which one is used for rec 709

Test chart i have used very large test chart for LUT profiles, optimized for Gama 2.2 with REC 709 Primaries D65, but in under calibration tone curve i have selected REC 1886 WITH GAMMA 2.4 absolute now test chart is 2.2 gamma will 2.2 and 1886 gamma 2.4 have conflict? or just leave tone curve to gamma 2.2

And last question using xxx large test char does it make big of a difference

Thanks so much for you help

ps opening for dispcal is dam cool make sme fell like a pro 🙂

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi Florian so basically as long as gray doted line is inside the colored outline line its all good

Basically, that’s good, yes.

I have also used in profile type XYZLUT +swapped matrix in my research some have used curves + matrix does this make any difference which one is used for rec 709

LUT profiles are usually more accurate, so that was the correct choice.

Test chart i have used very large test chart for LUT profiles, optimized for Gama 2.2 with REC 709 Primaries D65

That’s fine, although for future profiles I’d recommend the “Auto” testchart mode (you can use a slider to adjust the number of patches in that mode). There’s no immediate need to re-do the profile though.

but in under calibration tone curve i have selected REC 1886 WITH GAMMA 2.4 absolute now test chart is 2.2 gamma will 2.2 and 1886 gamma 2.4 have conflict?

It shouldn’t matter much, but that’s one of the benefits of the “Auto” testchart mode in that it will take into account the actual gamma.

And last question using xxx large test char does it make big of a difference

More patches usually allow for more accuracy, but there is a point of diminishing returns (I’d say that point lies > 2000 patches). I wouldn’t expect a big difference.

ps opening for dispcal is dam cool make sme fell like a pro 🙂

Glad you like it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS