How change assumed target?

Home Forums Help and Support How change assumed target?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m trying to get a report from my uncalibrated display but I always gets;
    ✖ Nominal tolerance exceeded

And I’m guessing it’s because of the following:
    Assumed target whitepoint:
    6600K daylight, xy 0.3112 0.3276 (XYZ 94.99 100 110.26)

And that’s not correct I want D6500 with sRGB xy what I’m doing wrong?
    In the simulation profile which one should I choose?

Vincent
    Participant

If you get that after calibration it means one of the following
    -OSD reset
    -you changed OSD mode
    -if WP is corrected through GPU grey calibration, it is not loaded
    -user error : measuring uncalibrated display on previous situation.

If you changed OSD settings it is one of the first 2. If you are applying a calibration on top of some factory calibrated OSD mode like sRGB is likely one of the last 2.
    To little information to know which one (or a new one)

Vincent
    Participant

BTW: Assumed target is daylight locus (all values in b*axis -any CCT/CDT- with an a* value that makes this point in daylyght locus)… which is what you are aiming for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you get that after calibration it means one of the following
    -OSD reset
    -you changed OSD mode
    -if WP is corrected through GPU grey calibration, it is not loaded
    -user error : measuring uncalibrated display on previous situation.

If you changed OSD settings it is one of the first 2. If you are applying a calibration on top of some factory calibrated OSD mode like sRGB is likely one of the last 2.
    To little information to know which one (or a new one)

This is for a uncalibrated display.

I don’t get it, I’m measuring the display when it’s not calibrated. Choosing “Current” under “Settings” then I’m choosing in “Verification” the following, se attached image.

Vincent
    Participant

Did you mean verifying factory calibration? When they advertise factory calibration it usually means nothing.
    Also it can even be bellow specification error, since error can be a MEAN ERROR: primaries OK, TRC OK, grey range OK, whitepoint off. Mean error can be under 2 or 3… because that specification means nothing. White is not white but it is under tolerances.

Assume that you’ll have to modify at least RGB gains. If after modifiying (with an accurate & properly configurated device) RGB gains to match your target you verify uncalibrated display (no CGT correction), display is OK.
    If you have a display with locked OSD controls while you are on sRGB factory preset… nothing can be done to fix that white unless you use VCGT (or some service menu to access RGB gains)

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Vincent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did get calibration verification paper in the dell box with the display but it’s way off. I did compare it to a display that are calibrated and the Dell one is to green toned at P3 and sRGB are just going crazy.

I think that I have been gotten me a bad example.

Vincent
    Participant

I did get calibration verification paper in the dell box with the display but it’s way off.

Because that means nothing. It just happens that you cannot properly read what that paper means.

CCT is different from daylight locus, You can have exactly 6504K CCT on whitepoint and be green or pink. Why? because a certain CCT value is not a point, is a segment.
    Display may be under specification and still be off. Why? because that specification is more ambiguous and wide than that you think it is.

It has been explained on multiple threads.

I did compare it to a display that are calibrated and the Dell one is to green toned at P3 and sRGB are just going crazy.

I think that I have been gotten me a bad example.

I think that you expect a QC that Dell cannot offer in a significative % of units.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Vincent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You might be right, the other display cost 4000 euro and the dell one only 800.

My XDR display from apple are also spot on just some little fine tuning.

anyway I’ll try to return it for a better one as reviews on the internet says it should be better.

Vincent
    Participant

The cool thing about 14-16″ macbooks with laptop XDR display is that you only need to provide actual whitepoint meaasurement to correct them.
    If you know primaries localtion (by LED tech) and you ensure that your QC gan give your screens a well known TRC (sRGB-like) and true neutral grey… then once you provide actual/native whitepoint color by measurement you have described full display behavior… hence you can do whetever color transformation you want with that display.

Apple has embeded in macOS for those macbooks something close to LeDoge’s novideo_sRGB 3rd party app. I hope Microsft would contact LeDoge for embeding such tools in Windows OS, so Windows users coud have that kind of functionality out of the box  too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS