Help Calibrating LG 34UC88-B

Home Forums Help and Support Help Calibrating LG 34UC88-B

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dent
    Participant

Hi I am currently trying to calibrate my LG 34UC88-B using a colormunki display.  I am trying to figure oput what are the best setting I should be using to calibrate it.Can someone please help me.

1. I have read multiples site and which state I should use 6500 white point, 120 cd/m, and gamma @ 2.2. I also read I should leave both the whitepoint and white level at “as measured”.  Which one of those is correct ?
    2. Should I change the Correction from auto to a different setting ?
    3. Should I use displaycal to set my calibration at startup or should I use windows to set the profile at startup ?
    4. How do I read the and understand profile measurements at the end of calibration ?

Thanks

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I have read multiples site and which state I should use 6500 white point, 120 cd/m, and gamma @ 2.2. I also read I should leave both the whitepoint and white level at “as measured”. Which one of those is correct ?

Each may be a viable option. The choice of white point target (if any) mainly depends on wether you want to do soft-proofing (i.e. compare to a print under a light booth). 6500K is a good all-around choice if you’re not aiming for anything specific (same goes for the 2.2 gamma, which only affects non-colormanaged applications). The white level should depend on your ambient light, and there’s not strictly a need to set a target – it usually works well to leave it “As measured” and adjust by eye to a comfortable level during interactive adjustment (you may well end up in the 80-160 cd/m2 range, as a rough indicator to common values).

Should I change the Correction from auto to a different setting ?

Probably yes. Your monitor probably has a white LED backlight, so you can choose the “Spectral: White LED” correction.

Should I use displaycal to set my calibration at startup or should I use windows to set the profile at startup ?

The DisplayCAL profile loader has an accuracy edge over the built-in Windows calibration loading mechanism (the latter always quantizes to 8-bit which can cause banding), and also periodically reloads calibration so is less likely to loose it.

How do I read the and understand profile measurements at the end of calibration?

I guess you’re asking how to interpret the average/peak error and gamut coverage/volume? The average/peak is an indicator how well the profile characterizes the monitor. Typical values for XYZ LUT profiles are less than 0.5 dE average and less than 3 dE peak, which constitutes a good result. The gamut coverage and volume are purely informational. It is usually desirable that sRGB coverage is >= 90%, but keep in mind that the coverage/volume is purely a metric of the monitor’s capabilities, so coverage/volume won’t change much (or at all) when altering calibration/profiling settings.

Dent
    Participant

thanks for your response so I just ran it can you please look at the profile and see if its any good.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That looks fine.

Dent
    Participant

I guess you’re asking how to interpret the average/peak error and gamut coverage/volume? The average/peak is an indicator how well the profile characterizes the monitor. Typical values for XYZ LUT profiles are less than 0.5 dE average and less than 3 dE peak, which constitutes a good result. The gamut coverage and volume are purely informational. It is usually desirable that sRGB coverage is >= 90%, but keep in mind that the coverage/volume is purely a metric of the monitor’s capabilities, so coverage/volume won’t change much (or at all) when altering calibration/profiling settings.

So where does it show the XYZ Lut avarage and peak values. I am sorry but I new to all this and was not able to find it in the profile. Is under a differnt name? Thannks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

In the window right before you install the profile.

Dent
    Participant

oh ok i see  is there a way to see those values agian if I close that window ? Thanks you been a great help!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sure, you can click the “Install profile” button (next to “Settings”, with the profile selected), and the popup will re-appear. If you already did install the profile, you can then just cancel the popup.

Dent
    Participant

cool thanks agian

S Simeonov
    Participant

Which settings did you use ti calibrate your screen, and how much gamut coverage of sRGB did you get?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS