HCFR, LUT, madvr

Home Forums Help and Support HCFR, LUT, madvr

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Cristian
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I’ve been playing with DisplayCal and HCFR for two weeks and no matter how much I’ve read the documentation, forums, etc, I’m still confused. Maybe because I’m stupid.

HCFR question:

Even though an icc-profile is loaded by DisplayCal Profile loader, HCFR ignores the icc-profile in its test pattern window according to this thread: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/dispcalgui-calibrated-monitor-is-way-off-according-to-hcfr-d6c1f843/.

However

If I’m going to create (and install) a LUT based on my icc-profile for madvr and and tell HCFR to use the madTPG instead, now I can correctly test my calibration. Is that correct? I’ve came up with this conclusion, because I have done some tests and now I get similar results (I think) when compared to the profile information of DisplayCal.

Please, help me out with this.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Cristian.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

If I’m going to create (and install) a LUT based on my icc-profile for madvr and and tell HCFR to use the madTPG instead, now I can correctly test my calibration. Is that correct?

Sounds about right. Make sure “Disable 3D LUT” in madTPG is not enabled.

Cristian
    Participant

Oh, thank you very much. I can sleep in peace now.

Dominic Chan
    Participant

Given that HCFR already disables the video LUT by default, is there any reason DisplayCAL also disables the video LUT when detecting HCFR?    I sometimes want to enable the video LUT for the measurements.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

[…] is there any reason DisplayCAL also disables the video LUT when detecting HCFR?

That’s not what it does. It enters a “do nothing” state when it detects other software that accesses the videoLUT (if it knows about it), which means calibration won’t be reloaded (or reset) every 3 seconds. If you want to use the videoLUT with HCFR, uncheck “disable videoLUT” in HCFR’s generator configuration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS