Halp Calibrating Dell U2723QE

Home Forums Help and Support Halp Calibrating Dell U2723QE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MBaumser
    Participant

I just set up a Dell U2723QE and tried calibrating with an Xrite i1 Display2.
    I have a Nivdia GeForce RTX 4070Ti, using Nvidia color settings for 10bpc

My second Monitor is an old Dell 2209WA

The color between them after calibration is very different.  The “new” monitor is very cool (blue) while the old monitor is warmer (yellow)
    The Windows 11 task bar on the new monitor is bluish gray, while on the old monitor it’s a warm white

I don’t expect them to be exact but I thought they’d be closer.  And is one more correct than the other?

If you need me to upload more information just let me know

Marc

MBaumser
    Participant

This a shot taken with cell phone.  I created a white image in Photoshop and dragged it across the two monitors

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MBaumser
    Participant

I changed the Calibration whitepoint from “as measured” to “color temperature > 5500” and the results were much better

Thanks

Vincent
    Participant

Xrite i1 Display2 is too old (old filter technology unlike i1d3) and slow to be reliable even if it supported the new widegamut LED backlights, which it does not out of the box (without a colorimeter correction).
    Need to upgrade.

If you do not, match screens visually using the whiter as reference, then set white as measured and let colorimeter calibrate grey, but I’m not sure it will measure properly the darkest greys.

Calibrite Display Pro HL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

MBaumser
    Participant

Xrite i1 Display2 is too old (old filter technology unlike i1d3) and slow to be reliable even if it supported the new widegamut LED backlights, which it does not out of the box (without a colorimeter correction).
    Need to upgrade.

If you do not, match screens visually using the whiter as reference, then set white as measured and let colorimeter calibrate grey, but I’m not sure it will measure properly the darkest greys.

Thanks.  I reset everything to factory defaults (both monitors, wins color management, graphics card) and started over.
    The old monitor is really old and it’s colors were horrible.  The new monitor looked really good.
    I did calibrate the new monitor with the i1d2 and that looked good.  then manually used controls on old monitor to try and get colors close.

Looks like I need a new second monitor too.

thanks for the help

Marc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS