Grey Scale

Home Forums Help and Support Grey Scale

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Jebidia
    Participant

Hi Florian,

So, in the attached file to this post, where the gamma resides below 2.2 across the entire spectrum, is there a way to simply bump that whole curve up?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jebidia
    Participant

Also,

I moved the 3d LUT that passed all the tests to the LUT box and to the eye it looks different, but I’m trying to figure out a way to verify.  Is it possible that a LUT created in Resolve moved to a LUT box would have it’s settings shift?   I’m checking the settings on the LUT box and everything appears correct.

Jebidia
    Participant

Here’s the 2 reports: 1 through resolve and one through the lut box.  Visually, it’s fairly obvious to see the shift in gamma that’s reflected in these reports.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jebidia
    Participant

Hi Florian,

I’m begining to think this has to do with video levels vs data levels.   My resolve runs with video levels,  but I’m assuming the lut box is at full levels.   Curious which settings i should use on displaycal on the 3d lut tab.   Any insight would be appreciated.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m begining to think this has to do with video levels vs data levels.

From the last report of verification through the LUT box that seems like the case – black is lifted considerably.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The black level in your reports is pretty inconsistent too – sometimes it’s at 0.2 cd/m2, then 0.3, and through the LUT box apparently 0.6. Not sure what is going on there, but this is likely a display chain (setup) problem. Is there a way to run profiling through the LUT box (with null/unity LUT loaded)?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS