Getting the colors the same on two monitors?

Home Forums General Discussion Getting the colors the same on two monitors?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

KingDingbat
    Participant

I’ve worked in Photoshop for years, and eventually I realized that my colors were going bad, and most notably, the colors between the two monitors I use were shifting out of sync. So, after some research I got a Datacolor Spyder 5 to try and get things back under control. Unfortunately, after a few years of trying to get the Datacolor software to work, I gave up because it always seemed to make my monitor’s colors really wrong. Like not just “I’m not used to seeing the correct colors” wrong, but very wrong.

Then I found DisplayCal! I used it last night and it’s lightyears better đŸ™‚ Thanks for that.
    BUT – While my 2 monitors are MUCH better in their calibration, they still are noticeably different. Is it unrealistic to expect them to be close enough that I don’t notice a big difference? I always thought that was the point of the calibration device… to analyze the out put and adjust it to be the same everywhere.

They aren’t the same model monitors, but they are the same manufacturer (Probably means nothing, I know.) ViewSonic 2406M and 2703MH.

Just wondering if it’s even possible to get these two monitors to be so close I don’t notice.
    Thanks!

Vincent
    Participant

-get a better measurement device

or

-do a visual match with DisplayCAL

This way white will match (unless uniformity issues) and they should match in color managed apps (sRGB images without too much saturated colors). In non color managed apps small gamut diferences may show  some primary colors like 255 red or green in one screen more/less saturated than in the other screen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS