Error during latest DisplayCAL update

Home Forums Help and Support Error during latest DisplayCAL update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hi Florian…

Thanks for the latest update to DisplayCAL. It looks like you put a lot of work into this one. Lots of useful features and improvements. Can’t wait to play with it…

Unfortunately I couldn’t complete the update. Please see the attached  screenshot of the error I am receiving.

Any idea what this means and how to fix it?

Thanks much.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The application was unable to verify the SSL certificate of the domain it tried to connect to. Are you behind a proxy? That could be an issue if the proxy is incorrectly configured or uses an outdated software or hardware configuration. Also which version of DisplayCAL are you using, the 0install or standalone one? At which point exactly does the message appear?

Steve Smith
    Participant

Hello

I’m using DisplayCAL v. 2.3.4 stand alone and the error shows up right after (or during) the download attempt. This is a new install of win 10 64bit and I have never used the present copy of DisplayCAL, but it’s installed and pointed to the latest Argyll.

I don’t use a proxy.

Not sure what’s going on… I’ve seen this before during older version updates and my solution was to uninstall and reinstall DisplayCAL, then try the update again…Of course I could just download the latest version and just start over since I have no reason to keep anything from the current version…It’s empty since I haven’t used it yet on this new  fresh Windows install.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I’m using DisplayCAL v. 2.3.4 stand alone and the error shows up right after (or during) the download attempt.

Hmm. probably some of the sourceforge mirrors incorrectly configured. Nothing that can be done about that though.

Of course I could just download the latest version

Which would be identical to what the auto-updater is doing, so, yes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS