Displaycal & YCbCr422

Home Forums Help and Support Displaycal & YCbCr422

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CraigVMN
    Participant

Hello. I have a question regarding the best method to calibrate my display. I am running Windows 10 1903 with a GTX 1070 video card, being output via HDMI to a Pioneer receiver, and then onto a 43″ 4k TV. Using the Nvidia control panel, I have the output set to 4k@60hz, YCbCr422 and 10 bit color.

Is there something I can/should do within Displaycal settings to most accurately use these settings for calibration?  I am using a colormunki display as a measuring device.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

YCbCr422 is probably not the best for color (resolution) due to chroma subsampling, but maybe that’s all you can get with the display in question? It shouldn’t affect calibration/profiling though.

CraigVMN
    Participant

I agree, the output is less than ideal, but it’s the only combination that allows for the 60hz refresh rate & 10 bit color. Also, looking at the RAW images, it presents the colors in the accurate fashion I have noticed.  I might be able to get YCbCr444 if I lower the refresh rate to 30hz. I’m also thinking the YCbCr is better than RGB since I’m outputting to a TV rather than a monitor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS