DisplayCAL Profile Loader issues

Home Forums Help and Support DisplayCAL Profile Loader issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jamie
    Participant

So I just installed DisplayCAL on two laptops. One laptop which has only the single laptop screen, the Profile Loader is launched at startup and it’s in color.

On the second laptop which has two screens (one laptop screen and one external monitor) the Profile Loader didn’t load. I can launch it, but it’s greyed out. I noticed on this machine that after the profile procedure has been finished, it asks if I want to have Windows take care of the profile loading, or something like that, and while that option is tick boxed, I can’t change it. Windows sometimes isn’t loading the correct profile when starting or resuming from sleep.

I’m wondering why one one machine DisplayCAL Profile Loader works correctly and on the other it’s not.

Both laptops are Windows 7 Pro. I’m happy to provide more info if it’s needed.

Thanks for the assistance.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Jamie.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

I noticed on this machine that after the profile procedure has been finished, it asks if I want to have Windows take care of the profile loading, or something like that, and while that option is tick boxed, I can’t change it.

You have to run DisplayCAL as administrator to be able to change this setting (right-click, “Run as administrator…”).

Jamie
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. Being so new to the software, is there anyway to re-enable that feature without once again going through the whole calibration process once more? If not, it’s no big deal. I was planning on doing a new profile using XYZLUT + Matrix, since it looks like that might be one of the better methods. I’m using the curves + matrix right now.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Sure. Click the small “Install profile” button next to “Settings”.

Jamie
    Participant

Perfect. Thank you, sir! I got it working by running the software as admin as suggested.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS