Display Plus HL Support

Home Forums Help and Support Display Plus HL Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Mehmet Yilmaz
    Participant

Hello. We are planning to purchase the Calibrite Display Plus HL model. Is it possible to use this device without any problems with DisplayCAL software? Actually, we want to measure the SRGB, DCI-P3 color gamut support of the monitors.

Calibrite Display Plus HL on Amazon   Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Old Man
    Participant

I’d recommend the plus instead, unless you actually need more than 2,000 nits. The new models (like HL) have bad low-light performance. You should be able to use either with DisplayCAL though. Whether you  run into problems depends on your system

Mehmet Yilmaz
    Participant

First of all, thank you for your answer. I didn’t quite understand your message about having problems. We want to use it to examine the monitor.

Mehmet Yilmaz
    Participant

Also, unfortunately, stocks of Colorchecker series products are very difficult to find in my country.  That’s why the seller sent us this model.

Old Man
    Participant

It’s still a good colorimeter and it sounds like it was your best option, given your circumstances. Some people have problems with DisplayCAL, most probably don’t. It’s still the best option. You’ll just have to try and see

Vincent
    Participant

First of all, thank you for your answer. I didn’t quite understand your message about having problems. We want to use it to examine the monitor.

Search AVS Forums… it’ si not an error, likkely a limitation. 2000nit models gives 0nit reading near black (near black > 0 nits) on OLEDs, untill certain threshold which is lower for vanilla/old i1d3 not certified over 1000nit

That black crush threshold is low enough even on 2000nit models to be far away from IPS or VA panel blacks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS