Display & Instrument tab question

Home Forums Help and Support Display & Instrument tab question

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Hi! In the Display and instrument tab, where is says “Correction” I’m not sure I understand what is that for? do I have to worry about it if I’m using a Laptop LCD with a ColorMunki or Spyder 4? I do not see them listed in there.

Thanks!

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The ColorMunki Photo is a spectrometer, so the “Correction” dropdown does not apply and will be hidden (it’s meant for colorimeters) For the Spyder 4, there is a white LED measurement mode (selectable under “Mode” next to instrument).

Calibrite ColorChecker Studio on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

p.dada
    Participant

The ColorMunki Photo is a spectrometer, so the “Correction” dropdown does not apply and will be hidden (it’s meant for colorimeters) For the Spyder 4, there is a white LED measurement mode (selectable under “Mode” next to instrument).

That WLED mode is currently broken in 3.1.2. Please see: https://hub.displaycal.net/forums/topic/wled-instrument-mode-for-spyder-45-is-off/

Florian Höch
    Administrator

That WLED mode is currently broken in 3.1.2.

Probably not, unless the WLED mode is broken in Argyll CMS (not impossible, but seems unlikely).

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Disabled? Unless we are talking about a different dropdown menu I think is enable even with the ColorMunki….

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Which mode should be selected for an LCD wide gamut but with white LED? I do not see that exact mode.

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What’s the exact make and model? Wide gamut and white LED sounds like an unlikely combination.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

it covers over 100% of AdobeRGB (actually more according to your software) , about 150% of sRGB and 80% or DCI, isnt that by definition wide gamut? Other apps tell me it is.

this is the link to the specs of the pannel.

http://www.yslcd.com.tw/docs/product/B173ZAN01.0.pdf

it is giving me a really hard time with the black to gray and gray to white being too noticeable, the overal color is superb, once calibrated is an avergage of 1 or less, but the jump from full black to 1,1,1 and from 254,254,254 to white is also killer. and I’m trying to get measurements to prove this to send to the manufacurer, who is supposedly waitng for my input to fix it.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

Just look at this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

and this

Attachments:

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

those were with a correction loaded, without any correction is worst.

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

this is without correction

Attachments:

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

or is a good thing that one actually can see that? I feel it should be very subtle..  but I’m not sure how I can actually get the right kind of measuring to share with the manufacturer…

I hope I’m not driving you crazy with this, I certainly appreciate your help and input on the matter.

Attachments:

Victor Wolansky
    Participant

and this is the report of verification without any correction loaded.

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The photos are not too helpful I’m afraid as going through a camera adds another layer of processing and source for error.

Note also that in Photoshop (I think I can make out the “PS” logo in the top left) the document is color managed, so the videoLUT is not the only thing influencing the result. Both the document profile and the display profile play a role as well.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Florian Höch. Reason: Fixed typo
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS