dispcalGUI IP address

Home Forums Help and Support dispcalGUI IP address

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

enny001 SourceForge

Ok when one is calibratinf for resolve steps outlined in 3D LUT creation workflow for Resolve wiki IP:PORT” should appear. Note the IP and port numbers does this mean that dispcalGUI calibration should be done from another computer where dispcalGUI is on difrent compute or lap top since we have to enter ip adress and port this means dispcalGUI should be on another computer. A message “Waiting for connection on IP:PORT” should appear. Note the IP and port numbers this never appears after calibration i gues this means dispcalGUI has to be on a lap top on on the same computers

Thanks

Florian Höch
    Administrator

You can run this on the same computer. In that case, enter the local IP address of your computer, or localhost

A message “Waiting for connection on IP:PORT” should appear. […] This never appears

Can you attach a screenshot? Thanks.

• This reply was modified on 2015-08-17 20:53:34 by fhoech.

enny001 SourceForge

Hi there is this message “Waiting for connection on IP:PORT” should appear. is this supose to appear in resolve under monitor calibration when selecting calman or in dispcalGUI after calibration

Here is my workflow for resolve

1- In setting under display and instruments i select Video 3D LUT for resolve (D64 REC 709/ REC 1886)

2- Now under Display in display and instrument i select my monitor (not resolve unless using the Resolve preset)

3- Calibration, Profiling. 3D lut i leave the way it is

4- Click Calibrate and profile

5- After Calibration it will ask me to save my lut which i do.(but i never get A message “Waiting for connection on IP:PORT” should appear. Note the IP and port numbers i never get this message in dispcalGUI

6- i would load my new lut in to resolve color viewer / scopes

Here is the scree shoot after calibration nuthing pops out like A message Waiting for connection on IP:PORT

Are we calibrartin twice once with dispcalGUI and then calman? And are we creating two 3d luts one with dispcalGUI and one with calman?

Thanks

• This reply was modified on 2015-08-18 18:19:40 by enny001.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

2- Now under Display in display and instrument i select my monitor (not resolve unless using the Resolve preset)

Well here lies your error. You should not change the display from Resolve. Although if you’re just calibrating the GUI viewer, then the process you used is still fine.

Here is the scree shoot after calibration nuthing pops out like A message Waiting for connection on IP:PORT

This message only appears (before calibration) if using Resolve.

enny001 SourceForge

I think i got it i was not paying attention found the ip port calibrate it with using resolve. I just have few questions

1 so the bigger the test chart more accurate calibration?

2 Do i place my 3d lut in to 3D video monitor look up table or 3D color viewer lookup table. I am thinking viewer

3 And I place my 3d lut in to 3D video monitor look up table when i have my monitor connected to one of black magic decklink cards like mini monitor

Thanks for all the help

Florian Höch
    Administrator

1 so the bigger the test chart more accurate calibration?

Yes.

2 Do i place my 3d lut in to 3D video monitor look up table or 3D color viewer lookup table. I am thinking viewer

In your case the viewer, yes.

3 And I place my 3d lut in to 3D video monitor look up table when i have my monitor connected to one of black magic decklink cards like mini monitor

Correct.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS