DispCalGUI in Win 10 cannot find ColorMonkey Display

Home Forums Help and Support DispCalGUI in Win 10 cannot find ColorMonkey Display

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

coolrat SourceForge

Hi
    I used DispcalGUI in Windows 8,1 without a problem. But in Windows 10, DispcalGUI is unable to find the ColorMunki Display device.

I installed the X-Rite software 1.1.1 but Windows Device Manager does not show an X-Rite category. Strangely, the X-Rite software can find the ColorMunki Display device and run calibrations without a problem.

But when I run DispcalGUI, neither my display (external Dell monitor and Thinkpad notebook monitor), nor the Display colorimeter. The fields that should show those devices remain grey.

When I click on TOOLS — Import colorimeter corrections, and check the box for ColorMunki Display and Install for Current user, I get an error “1101 get getddrinfo failed”. If I select install for “system iwide”, a message appears asking if oeminst.exe can access the system. When I authorize, an error appears “Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. YOu may not have the appropriate permissions”. This then goes into an endless loop which I cannot shut down and have to use the Task Manager to “End Task” for DispcalGUI.

I’m running the latest DisplcaGUI 3.0.4.3 that I downloaded yesterday. My system is running Comodo Firewall, Malwarebyes antimalware and Panda antivirus. Disabling these applications, appears to have no effect on the problems with DispcalGUI.

Any idea why this is happening? Is this a Windows10 problem.

I’ll look forward to your reply.

-R.A.

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

“Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. YOu may not have the appropriate permissions”. This then goes into an endless loop which I cannot shut down and have to use the Task Manager to “End Task” for DispcalGUI.

It’s technically not an endless loop, but since the ‘Windowsinf’ directory can contain hundreds of OEM files, and if some 3rd party security software blocks access in an uncommon fashion, this may well result in as many “access denied” messages as Argyll-related OEM files are found (although it’s unlikely to be more than a handful). It’s a problem that I cannot reproduce though.

Comodo Firewall, Malwarebyes antimalware and Panda antivirus. Disabling these applications, appears to have no effect on the problems with DispcalGUI.

Try not only disabling, but uninstalling them, starting with Comodo Firewall (Windows has a built-in Firewall, so technically there’s no need for a 3rd-party one anyway). Reboot after each uninstall and try again. If it works, you can then re-install each application (except the Firewall, I’d advise to use the Windows built in) one-by-one.

• This reply was modified on 2015-10-15 22:42:57 by fhoech.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS