Davinci Resolve 11 Lite on Macbook 2013 Retina Display shows elevated black levels after 3d LUT creation

Home Forums Help and Support Davinci Resolve 11 Lite on Macbook 2013 Retina Display shows elevated black levels after 3d LUT creation

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Thanks. Ok, what you’re seeing is probably just the much lighter near-black tone curve of Rec. 1886 you’re not used to vs the native almost 2.3 gamma of your display. The gradient in the mov file doesn’t progress evenly out of black, there’s a pretty wide strip (around 200px wide) of pure black (video level 16) at the right hand side, and the first value above black is video level 20. It progresses smoothly from there into white (video level 235).
    So my recommendation would be to create, from the existing profile, a Gamma 2.2 “output offset” (pure power) 3D LUT and see if you like that better. To do so, go to the “3D LUT” tab, uncheck “Create 3D LUT after profiling” (the button at the bottom should change to “Create 3D LUT…”), and select “Gamma 2.2” under “Tone curve”.

studiodc SourceForge

Smashing. I’m on it. Now that I you’ve just shown me how to use that profile to generate multiple types of LUT too… wow. This is a seriously excellent UI you’ve put together, even if I’m not used to all the controls yet. Colour me very impressed.

Thanks again for the exceptional help.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS