-d parameter 0 out of range Mac Mini M1

Home Forums General Discussion -d parameter 0 out of range Mac Mini M1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Flashsta
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to calibrate Davinci resolve on the New Mac Mini M1 with i1X-rite Display Pro.

I keep getting error -d parameter 0 out of range.

Is Displaycal compatible with the new M1 Macs and if so how do I get pass this error.

Thanks in advance

matthiasstoopman
    Participant

I encounter the same problem on my Mac Mini M1:

-d parameter 0 out of range.

Did you manage to figure out to make it work? It is very frustrating because I need to rely on my calibrated monitor via Blackmagic Decklink.

DisplayCal hasn’t released an update in quite a while, and I wonder if they will give support for M1 users.

Haru
    Participant

Im having the same issue- I have read that some M1 users have found success in using a beta version of Argyll, I noticed yesterday that Argyll just released an update with 2.2.0 that claims to be compatible with M1….but when I tried to install it- DisplayCal wouldn’t recognize it…

Flashsta
    Participant

I’m afraid not. I am in the same boat as you. I need calibrated monitor for work. I am waiting patiently for an update or for another forum member to kindly assist.

Olive601
    Participant

Unfortunately Time is Money. We have a Flanders but with remote or limited in person our cheaper Hero monitor is an LG CX series which are on sale. We went with Calman Home for a 709 calibration, HDR AND Dolby cals and at least the 709 Cal is bang on. Haven’t really checked with folks to see if the values on HDR etc are accurate but I’m sure they are. we needed our other monitors to be better compared to our references which is why we used Displaycal but had to just move on and get to work with the Flanders and LG. when the M1 updates arrive we will cal our working monitors with Displaycal

Vincent
    Participant

No M1 update is needed, just set Argyll bin folder to new 2.2.0 location (File menu, locate Argyll executables)

Haru
    Participant

Vincent, I have downloaded the new Argyll update, but when I try to select it, DisplayCAL won’t recognize it. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

matthiasstoopman
    Participant

@Vincent, thanks it got me further. However dispread crashes (see crash report below). Could it have something to do with the X-Rite services that are still running? I have no clue how to turn it off if this is the case.

dispread quit unexpectedly

Process: dispread [809]
    Path: /Applications/Argyll_V2.2.0/*/dispread
    Identifier: dispread
    Version: ???
    Code Type: X86-64 (Translated)
    Parent Process: DisplayCAL [763]
    Responsible: DisplayCAL [763]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2021-05-05 18:34:06.633 +0200
    OS Version: macOS 11.3 (20E232)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: 9BD6FAE6-699A-046A-2DEC-D1FCCBF2DA91

Time Awake Since Boot: 960 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 3

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
    Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
    Terminating Process: exc handler [809]

Vincent
    Participant

ArgyllCMS problems & malfunctions to ArgyllCMS mail list

Vincent
    Participant

Vincent, I have downloaded the new Argyll update, but when I try to select it, DisplayCAL won’t recognize it. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Check if there is some pending security permission in MacOS control panel

Vincent
    Participant

I’ve tested 2.2.0 on an Intel x64 and seems broken…

Try to duplicate 2.1.2 folder, rename it to 2.1.3 or 2.1.3.b, then replace displwin with the 2.1.3b beta

https://www.argyllcms.com/disptools_V2.1.3beta_osx64.tgz

Now back to DisplayCAL locate new ArgyllCMS executables

It’s Intel x64 so Rosetta will be used.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Vincent.

matthiasstoopman
    Participant

Thanks, that did the trick! Calibrating as I’m writing this.

I copied the dispread and dispwin from v.2.1.3beta to the bin of v2.2.0 (not to a copied folder as you suggested).

My Mac M1 then asked for several permissions when I restarted DisplayCal and now its working!!

I suppose it could have been a permissions issue. I will later try to put the deleted ones back to see if my machine will ask again for permissions again.

Flashsta
    Participant

Hiya,

Original poster here

I apologise for this really layman question but I only went as far as downloading the DisplayCAL software and I have no idea what ArgyllCMS is.

Where do I downlaod those from. Is it complicated to setup in the Mac Mini M1. Can someone please help without making it too complicated.

Like your explaining it to a child lol (No seriously, I know color grading but anything technical regarding coding etc I will struggle with)

Thanks in advance

Vincent
    Participant

Hiya,

Original poster here

I apologise for this really layman question but I only went as far as downloading the DisplayCAL software and I have no idea what ArgyllCMS is.

Where do I downlaod those from. Is it complicated to setup in the Mac Mini M1. Can someone please help without making it too complicated.

Like your explaining it to a child lol (No seriously, I know color grading but anything technical regarding coding etc I will struggle with)

Thanks in advance

1. https://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V2.2.0_osx10.6_x86_64_bin.tgz
    2. Unzip in a folder
    3. https://www.argyllcms.com/disptools_V2.1.3beta_osx64.tgz
    4. Unzip
    5. Copy 2.1.3 beta contents to 2.1.2 folder (just the contents, overwriting 2 executables in 2.1.2 unziped folder)
    6. Run DisplayCAL, it will ask you for ArgyllCMS, give the path to the “bin” folder inside 2.1.2 folder

(there is v2.2.0 but it does not work for me on x64)

Flashsta
    Participant

Hi Vincent

Thank you so much for your help.

I have downloaded both links you kindly provided and I can’t see a 2.1.2 folder.

I have

Argyll_V2.2.0 folder

and

disptools_V2.1.3beta_osx64

Have a I gone wrong somewhere. I really appreciate your patience with me

Best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS