Cyan tinge to brightest whites

Home Forums Help and Support Cyan tinge to brightest whites

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Frank Wylie
    Participant

Florian,

I just acquired a used Dell Ultrasharp 24 inch monitor and installed it as a 2nd monitor on my home system.

Using the existing profile settings on my main system monitor,  I profiled the Dell, but now find a definite Cyan tinge to the whitest whites.   The verification report came out OK, but when I tried the Graybalance Measurement, I seem to have a problem.

Can you give me an idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Frank

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Frank Wylie. Reason: clarification
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

There seems to be some drift between the two measurements, which could indicate backlight instability. How are your lighting conditions? Does light fall directly onto the monitor?

You’ll likely want to calibrate to a set whitepoint target instead of “As measured” (e.g. 6500K).

As to how the match the monitor white between several monitors, see the FAQ.

Frank Wylie
    Participant

Yes, the light does fall directly on the monitor, so I switched it off and re-profiled each monitor at the 6500K white point.  Everything looks much better now!

It did take considerable interactive tweaking on the Dell to bring it into range for the 6500K profile, but that seems to have done the trick.

In reading up on this monitor, the Dell U2412M, I was surprised to find that it is not even a true 8 bit monitor, but a “6-bit colour depth with Advanced frame rate control (A-FRC)”!

(http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2412m.htm)

That is disappointing, but I guess I am stuck with it and will make-do.  I am always dealing with “crusty-edge” technology due to budge restraints, so this is nothing new!

Thank you for your help.  Measurement reports for both monitors are attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS