EIZO CX240 corrections doesn’t seem to work!

Home Forums Help and Support EIZO CX240 corrections doesn’t seem to work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Roman Strijbos
    Participant

I just got a new (secondhand) EIZO CX240 monitor which I am trying to calibrate with my Colormunki display. I’ve tried different corrections but the results are not very good.

According to displayspecifications.com it appears to be an IPS panel with a GB-r LED backpanel. Should I use the LCD GB-r-LED IPS (Dell U2413) correction or stick to something else?

Maybe use one of the corrections from the Colorimeter Corrections Database or are these even worse?

Thanks guys,

Roman

Calibrite Display SL on Amazon  
    Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Vincent
    Participant

I just got a new (secondhand) EIZO CX240 monitor which I am trying to calibrate with my Colormunki display. I’ve tried different corrections but the results are not very good.

Please develop last sentence, if possible give some visual hint in a* axis and b* axis of what you see as “wrong”, your white point target and CCSS correction used for your device.

According to displayspecifications.com it appears to be an IPS panel with a GB-r LED backpanel. Should I use the LCD GB-r-LED IPS (Dell U2413) correction or stick to something else?

Seems the 1st choice for an i1d3. There is another GB-LED EDR (PA242W) with a blue led which peak is in just a few shorter wavelength.

Roman Strijbos
    Participant

Please develop last sentence, if possible give some visual hint in a* axis and b* axis of what you see as “wrong”, your white point target and CCSS correction used for your device.

It looks off. The shadows are too deep and the rest of the image is too bright. I’ve used different correction profiles: the one standard with the software and the one from the community made for the cx240. Im calibrating to 6500K sRGB.

Is there a way to determine which of the corrections is best anyway? I assume the ‘verification’ uses the same correction as the calibration itself?

Seems the 1st choice for an i1d3. There is another GB-LED EDR (PA242W) with a blue led which peak is in just a few shorter wavelength.

I’m not sure if I understand correctly. The  GB-r-LED IPS (Dell U2413) would be first choice for another probe than I have? What correction would you advise me to use with the CX240 and the colormunki display?

GB-LED EDR (PA242W)

Is this a bundled correction? My displaycal doesn’t have it it seems..

Vincent
    Participant

It looks off. The shadows are too deep and the rest of the image is too bright. I’ve used different correction profiles: the one standard with the software and the one from the community made for the cx240. Im calibrating to 6500K sRGB.

Is there a way to determine which of the corrections is best anyway? I assume the ‘verification’ uses the same correction as the calibration itself?

Your issue is not related to corrections or wrong white point.

Your issue seems to be linked to un expected TRC or that you were used to see it in the wrong way previously.
    My advice will be  to run a verification report (use U2413 correction) of calibrated display against its own profile (all simulation profile options disabled), check if all is ok, or attach HTML report here.
    Also some apps may behave bad if you do not use oversimplified profiles. If your CX240 has aged well and still is well behaved you should be able to get an accurate description of display with a SINGLE CURVE+MATRIX profile and black point compensation ON. This will minimize some apps truncation errors while color managing.

I’m not sure if I understand correctly. The  GB-r-LED IPS (Dell U2413) would be first choice for another probe than I have? What correction would you advise me to use with the CX240 and the colormunki display?

You own a i1d3 variant. All of them are equal for ArgyllCMS (yours is slower, but that’s all)

GB-LED EDR (PA242W)

Is this a bundled correction? My displaycal doesn’t have it it seems..

It’s in some paid software from NEC or in some free but closed testing app like Lightspace ZERO. I’m afraid that it cannot be attached here because IP.

Anyway… your issues are not related to correction. Wrong correction will show wrong white point, tipically visually deviated in a* axis. That’s why I asked you to give us a hint or WP deviation…. but from your words seems related to TRC or profile choice or some apps oversimplification while color managing dark tones.
    Hence => verification report, let’s see numbers. And if you can, re calibrate and use that profile type I explained previously.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Vincent.

Roman Strijbos
    Participant

OK ill do that today and wil also use more testpatches to be more accurate. Will upload verification soon…

I see the Dell U2413 is stated in both the GB-r led IPS and RG Phosphor variant of the correction. Any difference here?

Vincent
    Participant

OK ill do that today and wil also use more testpatches to be more accurate. Will upload verification soon…

If you use recommended display profile type (single curve+matrix) you do not need more patches in profiling (default settings or baybe one of the smallest testchart 175patches for lut to have an acurate TRC stored in profile).
    If CX240 is well behaved (=neutral grey, as expected from a ColorEdge) you do not need a lot of patches for calibration (calibration speed slider)

I see the Dell U2413 is stated in both the GB-r led IPS and RG Phosphor variant of the correction. Any difference here?

RGphosphor CCSS stores several RGBW groups with spectral power distribution data, Xrite distributed it that way. Last group (4 last WRGB samples) are from a GB-LED. Move them to and standalone CCSS and you get the other CCSS.
    There should be not much difference between them when applied to a typical well behaved i1d3, but the standalone GB-LED is cleaner.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS