Correction Type/General Settings for OLED

Home Forums Help and Support Correction Type/General Settings for OLED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Roninf
    Participant

Hello all,

can somebody let me know which type of correction should be used for an LG Oled 65E6D and if White Level Drift Compensation has to be enabled as recommended by Dispcal?

I know there is a profile called LED Oled (R G B White ) which seems to be correct. What kind of mode should i use for OLED: “Refresh generic” or “LCD generic”

I guess the first one is correct but i have read several different comments in this regard. Are there any other settings i have to be aware of while creating different 3DLuts?

Best Regards and thanks in Advance

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

which type of correction should be used for an LG Oled 65E6D

LG uses white LED OLED as far as I’m aware.

What kind of mode should i use for OLED: “Refresh generic” or “LCD generic”

The mode will be set automatically by the selected correction.

Roninf
    Participant

Ok perfect! Thanlk you! Thats what i thought as well. LG uses White RGB correct and i recognized (too late) that the mode can`t be switched anyway when choosing this profile 🙂 Sorry i did not recognize this before.

What about the White Level Drift Compensation ? Do i have to use it ?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Roninf.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

What about the White Level Drift Compensation ? Do i have to use it ?

I would recommend it – OLED TVs tend to employ some form of ABL (automatic brightness limiting).

Roninf
    Participant

OK so this helps to avoid ABL ?. So how does this work ? (in case its not to complicated)

I will probably disable ASBL via the service menu while calibrating but i was not aware that one could avoid ABL 🙂

Update: Just found the section in the documentation … never mind. But i could not match that to ABL:)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Roninf.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

OK so this helps to avoid ABL ?

No, just tries to counteract it by inserting white patches into the measurements and re-scaling the measured values.

I will probably disable ASBL via the service menu while calibrating

While measuring that’s probably the better solution, but ABL is there for a reason, permanently disabling it will impact the OLEDs lifespan.

Roninf
    Participant

Got that. Well you cant deactivate ABL anyway. Just ASBL cant be turned off as far as i know so that static patterns won`t be dimmed after 60 seconds or something like that. I will turn ASBL on after calibration.

So i will probably turn the white drift compensation on.

As  i am reading through the docs .. another question just came up as OLED produces “zero blacks” do you have any suggestions in regards to blacklevel and black output/ black point correction settings for OLED ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

[…] as OLED produces “zero blacks” do you have any suggestions in regards to blacklevel and black output/ black point correction settings for OLED ?

Black point correction will raise the black level. Black output offset doesn’t apply if the black level is zero.

Roninf
    Participant

Fine – so no correction and no output offset 🙂

Thank you!

Roninf
    Participant

Sorry for asking once more are these the correct settings for the calibration options as shown on the picture?

I want to create the following 3DLuts for madvr afterwards:

2D:

• Rec.709
    • Rec.2020

3D:

• Rec.709
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The chromaticity coordinates you have selected are for D50, that is probably not what you want. Besides, the calibration options do not affect the 3D LUT. I would recommend setting tone curve to “As measured” unless you plan to use the profile otherwise as well.

Roninf
    Participant

oh ok your are right! As this was the standard setting i thought it would be for D65 using this profile. I thougt i d have to define the same tone curve as i am using for the profile but somehow i think i got something wrong here ?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The 3D LUT tone curve can be set on the 3D LUT tab, and effectively overrides the calibration setting.

Roninf
    Participant

Perfect… Thank you very much! Did not know that…

Roninf
    Participant

I have made a first calibration/profiling session yesterday with about 2600 patterns but the report looks rather bad – in first the measurement for 100% seems to be completely wrong and i guess it destroyed all the calculation.

Can you let me know what could have happened here ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS