Correction Type/General Settings for OLED

Home Forums Help and Support Correction Type/General Settings for OLED

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Roninf
    Participant

Ok so you mean i should use the 10 % pattern to match 120 nits even if its getting lower in 100% afterwards? Cause this could be easily done 😉

Roninf
    Participant

Next round finished but still kind of bad 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Attach the profile please.

Roninf
    Participant

Here we go… hope this is what you have been asking for as the Lut is round 100MB

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Roninf.
    Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The profile looks fine, not sure why you think it’s bad?

Roninf
    Participant

No i thought the report should be ways better ? I can point at black level quite sure for now… something must be wrong here.

I guess the .icm s are used to calculate the 3DLut ? Maybe i just did not get how that works so far 😉 So what are these profiles for and how should an ideal or almost perfect report look like? I thought the dE should be as low as possible as they should be after a normal calibration?

I have tested a movie yesterday and accidently forgot to remove the Lut from madvr… right from the start i recognized the washed out elevated blacks. Removed the Lut and black was black again. So something must be wrong but i rechecked the levels with patterns using MPC-HC which uses madvr and they seem to be correct. Also i am not sure if the madvr pattern generator uses these settings as well which i would assume. Besides that i recongized that i enabled to disable the internal gamma table of the graphics card …maybe this is wrong as well.

Roninf
    Participant

Ted “from” Ted’s disc just told me madvr should show 0-255 instead of 16-235

I thought madvr’s output should match the TV’s expected input level?
    In order to have as less conversions as possible while preserving BTB and WTW.
    So:
    madvr: 16-235
    GPU: 0-255 to get TV levels passed through
    TV: 16-235

Florian Höch
    Administrator

madvr: 16-235
    GPU: 0-255 to get TV levels passed through
    TV: 16-235

In theory it should work that way, but the raised black level in your case seems to indicate that something is wrong with the levels setup somewhere (either in madVR, GPU or TV settings). Personally I prefer having GPU at 16-235 and madVR at 0-255 for my TV because I want (and need) the Windows desktop to look correct.

Roninf
    Participant

What is strange is that HCFR with madvr and same settings seems to get the blacklevel correct if can read the chart correctly:

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Only thing I can see from the screenshot is that you’re using some odd target.

Also i am not sure if the madvr pattern generator uses these settings as well which i would assume.

You should check that.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Btw, I hope you’re not using dispcal’s/dispread’s -E parameter, are you?

Roninf
    Participant

Odd target ? Whats the -E parameter ? I am just using the settings for Rec.709 as shown i Displaycal… at least i thought so….

Roninf
    Participant

wow something else is weird as well but might explain why the reports seem to be so bad…

Does displaycal deactivate the “disable 3DLut” feature while verifying?

I have just deactivated it and the report was ways better….if this is the issue the its sitting in front of the computer. Just to be sure can you let me know the settings for madvr patter generator that should be used/enabled or disabled for profiling on the one hand and verification afterwards on the other hand?

Anyhow still black is meassured as Measured black luminance: 3.5928 cd/m² which is obviously not correct.

I have attached the latest report…

Attachments:

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Odd target ?

It didn’t seem to be BT.1886 or any of the common gamma targets (2.2, 2.35, 2.4…) because those would have different target Y values.

Whats the -E parameter ?

The -E parameter for dispcal/dispread makes them use video levels. Note that this parameter should not be used with madTPG. You can check under “Options” -> “Additional commandline arguments…” in DisplayCAL if you accidentally entered any commandline options at some point in the past.

Does displaycal deactivate the “disable 3DLut” feature while verifying?

If “Enable 3D LUT” is checked on the “Verification” tab, yes.

Just to be sure can you let me know the settings for madvr patter generator that should be used/enabled or disabled for profiling on the one hand and verification afterwards on the other hand?

You shouldn’t touch the enable/disable videoLUTs/3D LUT buttons in madTPG. The correct state will always be set by the connected software (HCFR/Argyll etc.).

Roninf
    Participant

Thats really odd… cause i did not change anything but choosing BT.1886 2.4 within displaycal/hcfr and the TV is set to gamma BT.1886 as well. Do i need to have GPU gamma ramps enabled cause i have them disabled in madvr settings itself.

Ok so displaycal enables the Lut for verification and disables it for profiling  –  is that correct?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS