Contrast issue

Home Forums Help and Support Contrast issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Can Karako
    Participant

First of all thank you for all of your great work. This is really the best piece of software out there and you guys really made it so

Here is my issue: I read a lot of discussions about this and I know that I should set my Monitor OTC Contrast setting to default. I did this at my office with high quality LED Displays and everything is perfect.

My monitors at home however are cheap (philips 247el). Default value for contrast is on my screen is: %50. Calibrated or not this value is too high and makes everything look extremely sharp. Creates a distorted / pixelated look especially with small text .

I usually kept it around %20 until now. Changing contrast setting disrupts calibration and colors unlike changing brightness. I know this for a fact because I tried at the pre calibration window. There is no sharpness setting on my screen so I cannot fix it from there…

What do you recommend I should do?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Default value for contrast is on my screen is: %50. Calibrated or not this value is too high and makes everything look extremely sharp.

Contrast is not directly related to sharpness (although sharpness via unsharp mask is basically localized contrast, but that has nothing to do with the “contrast” control on a monitor).

If on this monitor sharpness and contrast are somehow wired to the same control, that is very unusual.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS