Colormunki display, new user needs advice

Home Forums Help and Support Colormunki display, new user needs advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

registerthis SourceForge

I’ve been following this tutorial on model mayhem, however I’ve a few questions that aren’t answered.

1) Do I need to plug in and run/install the CD that came with the CM Display before confguring argyll+dispcalgui ?
    2) When the tutorial talks about an adjustment matrix, I see no option for the one I need (which apprently is WLED spectral correction– my monitor is a dell u2415).
    3) What is a recommended profile type to start with? Should I use the default XYZ + LUT matrix?

Thanks

• This topic was modified on 2015-08-27 23:38:20 by registerthis.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Hi,

1) Do I need to plug in and run/install the CD that came with the CM Display before confguring argyll+dispcalgui ?

Insert the CD, but do not install anything from it. When dispcalGUI first runs, it’ll detect your instrument (if it’s plugged in) and import some files from the CD. Those will then be selectable under “Correction” on the “Display & Instrument” tab.

3) What is a recommended profile type to start with? Should I use the default XYZ + LUT matrix?

Yes, use the defaults.

registerthis SourceForge

Awesome, thanks a lot!

registerthis SourceForge

I’m slightly confused on which of these to pick, did I highlight the correct one?

On the dell forum I was told “You have a WLED sRGB IPS display, so you MUST USE WLED spectral correction with calibration software.”

• This reply was modified on 2015-08-28 15:48:31 by registerthis.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

Yes, that’s the correct one (WLED = White LED).

registerthis SourceForge

Thanks for your help. One last question, is argyll + dispcalgui measuring ambient light while doing the reading, or is that another step?

Florian Höch
    Administrator

One last question, is argyll + dispcalgui measuring ambient light while doing the reading, or is that another step?

It’s possible to do that, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The default is not measuring ambient light.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS