Colormunki Design

Home Forums Help and Support Colormunki Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Garry88
    Participant

I’ve used several other display profile software and I’ve always noticed that the Colormunki  Design/Photo has a light on the side that blinks during the acquisition of the monitor color patches. With DisplayCAL, at first I thought it was not working since I saw no light blink. But realized it was taking readings. I also noticed that the Colormunki was much warmer after the DisplayCal finished than with the other software.  Now I was wondering if the other software, turns it on to take a reading and then turns it off, and therefore it does not become as warm, and does DisplayCal keeps it constantly in an ‘on’ state?

I did see the information on Black Drift Compensation due to instrument warm up. So there is no problem with allowing the Colormunki to become warm from taking readings?  And I just wanted to confirm there isn’t an issue with my installation of the device driver.

Florian Höch
    Administrator

The internal lamp is not used for emissive readings (e.g. measuring display devices), only for reflective (i.e. measuring paper). The lights on the side are only visual gimmicks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Display Calibration and Characterization powered by ArgyllCMS